Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I already thought ahead and did a search for this, so don't flame me or anything. :)

I am going to buy a 2nd gen legend sometime in the next few months, and I'm trying to figure out what I want. I know for a fact that I will not be getting a GS, since that's out of my price range. So that leaves me with L and LS. I don't care what tranny I get, although I'd prefer manual, even though they are hard to come by. Anyway, I have looked all over the net to find this info, but I haven't been able to track it down. If someone could please tell me what years/models these options came on (and if they were standard or optional) that would be awesome!

- heated seats
- power seats
- heated mirrors
- bose stereo
- leather
- manual/auto (I heard manual was only on coupes?)

Also if someone could tell me what the bolt pattern is for the wheels that would be awesome. And one last thing, are they quick? :)

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One thing I forgot to add - which models have one piece headlights and which ones have separate corners? I would like to be able to get clear corners but if it's a one piece headlight with an amber reflector, I don't think I would spend the cash just to get rid of the amber. :)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
You need to be more specific. Are you seeking a Sedan or Coupe? Are you seeking a 1991-93 or 94-95?

You should note that options/accessories were actually very limited (CD player, Gold Kit, Spoiler, Foglamps, Visor, Keyless Entry) and all accessories/options were to be dealer installed. What you would typically call "options" were in fact model/trim specific.

Heated Seats: Only with Leather which means GS/LS/L w/leather.

Power Seats: All models/years have pwr driver's seat. GS/LS had pwr passenger seat.

Heated Mirrors: All models/years.

Bose: LS/GS only. Two different systems 91-93 and 94-95 having different output and number of speakers.

Transmission: A/T was actually an option. All vehicles had Manual transmission as a base vehicle.

One piece headlamps were not installed in US spec vehicles. Those who have them have had to order them from Japan and install themselves.

The above info is not inclusive, but should assist.

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
bolt

i believe the bolt pattern are all 5x4.5 or 5x114.3 ... at least that's what i have for my 91 coupe ...

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
i think the heated seats and mirrors were standard only on the GS sedan and LS coupes. might be wrong though.
also, isn't all sedan auto with the exception og the GS sedan where you can get the 6 speed?
-j

·
Registered
799 Posts
depending on the year some came with a 5 speed manual

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
aiznpride said:
i think the heated seats and mirrors were standard only on the GS sedan and LS coupes. might be wrong though.
also, isn't all sedan auto with the exception og the GS sedan where you can get the 6 speed?
-j
LS sedan also came standard with heated seats and mirrors. 91-92 sedans also availible with a 5spd manual

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
All Type Is came with the choice of 5-speed manual and 4 speed auto transmissions.

All Type IIs came with the choice of 6-speed manual and 4-speed auto transmissions.

Type I = '91 - '92 Coupes, '91 - '95 L, LS sedans.

Type II= '93 - '95 Coupes, '94 - '95 GS sedans.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sweet, thanks for the info guys. to clarify a bit, I'm looking for coupe or sedan, I don't really care, most likely in the 91-93 range because that's more in my price range. (I'm in college so you know how that is) Right now I have a '90 Accord that's a manual tranny, and I would prefer manual as well for the Legend, but I'm debating that since my Accord is more for flashy cool, I think the legend would be aimed more towards nice/comfortable.

Thanks again for the info. :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
I have a 92 LS coupe with heated seats and a bose stereo. Just the 91 LS didnt come with heated seats i belive. I think they added the bose stereo in the L model in 93.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, I have a new question. some of you are mentioning differences between the 91-92's and 92-95's. are there any cosmetic changes, like you know how half way through the generation they slightly re-design stuff like taillights, grills, etc. is there anything like that?

thanks again for all the info! :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
In 94-95 there became new bumpers. On the LS coupes the lower body trim is painted to match the color of the car. Also on 94-95 coupes there is a rear chin spoiler. 91-92 non LS models have black side trim. The 93 base model has this too i belive. Did i miss anything?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
BeaverBrad said:
In 94-95 there became new bumpers. On the LS coupes the lower body trim is painted to match the color of the car. Also on 94-95 coupes there is a rear chin spoiler. 91-92 non LS models have black side trim. The 93 base model has this too i belive. Did i miss anything?
The 94-95s have different foglamps. The grille opening is different (larger?). I believe that the 91-92 Coupes even with LS have black rocker trim (my 92 does). The later G2 Coupes have the high-mount stop lamp mounted in the trunk panel. 1994-95 also saw Traction Control and Memory Steering Wheel as well as an increase in horsepower.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts