Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did'nt know if thsi would be the right place to post but since it's about my legend..i figured this would be the right place.

okay call me a big baby, but i'm worried about my legend, since i can;t run the engine nomore she's been sitting there exposed to the elements since novemeber 3rd i guess.

now i see her and the rotors are rusty looking, i checked inside the car about a week ago to see if she had that "junkyard smell" or spider webs or even worse rats or something...but thanks god and ("knocks on wood") knock on wood so far nothing.

the air levels are fine in the tires...the only bad thing that happened so far was my battery died within a week of not being ranned (alarm's fault).

so is her just sitting here doing anything bad???.....i mean i'm going to send in the payment for then to start on the engine so hopefully this week they'll take her and get started......

· Registered
234 Posts
It should be fine. i had my legend sit for a few months while i was over seas. yeah the rotors had some rust noting too bad. it all came off afer a drive. Good Luck with you legend.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sighs thanks guys....yea it was snowing so damn bad today.
i figured while i let the sable warm up i'll go and dust the snow off.
the sable was "jealous"...lol.

i know this sounds stupid but i went to push just incase nothing froze...i was able to moved it and the shicks moved...so everythings fine....did'nt have that j/y smell.

but the weird thing is though i felt like i was at one because the car interior is sooo different....

damn i really need to hurry up and get her running.

· Registered
638 Posts
im not sure how much this can help but its what i do when a engine hasnt been started in a long time...

Pull both valve covers and pour heavy weight oil all over the cams to lubricate the top of the engine. then put a 19mm on the crank pulley and rotate it a couple times by hand to make sure oil gets up in those rods bearings, lifters, valves ect.

remember newtons law? problem with not starting a car very often is that the oil slowly drips all down to the pan and when you start it the first second or 2 theres not much lubrication. just one little patch of wear or a scratch where metal meets like a rod bearing or cam lobe can shorten the life span of a engine, its like a cavity on your teeth you dont fix..

i doubt it would be enough to notice any problems unless it was severe on a 15+ year old engine but most engines that fail soon after rebuilding or manufacturing can usually be traced back to poor lubrication at first start up. it could fail instantly or it could take 250k miles..

· Registered
2,316 Posts
yea, that or theres this stuff called fogger .... spray it in the intake while the car is running to lube up all the parts with a lubricant that bonds to the parts. This is what they use in marine 4 stroke applications prior to winterization. Even honda 6 cyl outboards recomend this. Get this ... hondas most powerful v-6 outboard is a 60 degree ... 24 valve making 225 hp.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well...i remember doing that when i don't have any where to go i would start the engine up by the evening. and let it run for a while.
once iget this car back i'll maintain it, not saying it was'nt maintained because i seen the car has been serviced ever since he owned her...but i don't know what for...

· Registered
638 Posts
oyea, i forgot to mention this.. if you do pull the covers like i said start the car as soon as possibly before it starts running back down again..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.