Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to notice a slight knocking noise when I would brake below 10mph or so. But today it got to the point where coming from a stop, I would hear a loud knock from the passenger front tire and my wheel would jerk a bit.

I took it into Les Schwab and they said that its the strut bar bushings. This wouldnt any big deal, except they dont make them anymore. Even the acura dealership said they can order the outer bushings from someplace in texas but the inner ones are no where to be found. The mechanic even had the nerve to call my car a dinosaur.

Anyone know where I can find these bushings?

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,474 Posts
if there arent any in production, maybe you should try a junkyard. i know that they maybe used, but they will be better than not getting ANY replacement.

also, you should try to contact Acura of Augusta, do a search to find our "contact" and see if he can help you out.

·
Mo*or Mo**h
1,722 Posts
By "strut", did you mean strut, or sway bar, or radius rod?

Try this LINK to online parts

Or, go to this page, select "suspension" and then pick your part.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
if there aren't any in production, maybe you should try a junkyard.
^^^ That'd be your best bet OP... but one wonder; how the heck could you ruin this really thick piece of rubber, I've changed my front struts several times and these bushings seems to be indestructible :dunno: ...bfarrell01, do you have any picture(s) of the bad part in question?

It could also be these bushings, as KAHruzer mentioned.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Are these the bushings for the rod that runs from the bottom of the radiator support to the lower control arm?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Are these the bushings for the rod that runs from the bottom of the radiator support to the lower control arm?
I believe OP is inquiring about them thick bushings paulo; up top, right where the strut rods go through for mounting... NOT the radius rod bushings, junkyard is still your best bet though :thumbsup:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I actually don't know exactly what im talking about. All I know is that its called the strut rod or bar or something and that the inner and outer bushings on the passenger side are going bad...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I'm not really expecting any feedback here, just a place to vent. Firstly, fuck les schwab. The guy told me that the reason i was hearing a klunck was because my bushing on the "strut bar" was going bad. I DONT HAVE A STRUT BAR. This obviously came back showing that the bushings (which dont exist) arent made anymore.

If that wasnt enough, I took it somewhere else and he showed me what was going wrong. THE DAMN BOLT AND BUSHING CAME OFF. The bushing was fine!!! It just needed to be put back on. Plus, the other side was loose. After putting it back on and tightening the other side, my car has never been smoother. All i need is an alignment because of the fact that 1/4 of my quarter was moving as it saw fit.

I need a beer.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Damn man, its a good thing you took it somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
THE DAMN BOLT AND BUSHING CAME OFF. The bushing was fine!!! It just needed to be put back on.
So b, which bushing/bolt was it again?!? front strut rod; as KAHruzer mentioned, YES?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
paulo57509 said:
bfarrell01 said:
Its the radius rod.
^^^ Good call paulo :thumbsup: ...me too is glad you got it resolved b!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts