Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I think the starter on my wifes 97 Honda Accord may be out. I replaced the battery and it still will not start.

Everything that I have found online is sort of vague. Something with pics would be nice.

It is said that I can install HID lights into a Legends housing but not change oil or do this job. I really don't want to pay the mucho $ to get this done. Thank you.

Matt Whelan

I'm even open to someone running me thru it on the phone... I'll email you my phone number... [email protected]

Thanks.

MW

2,721 Posts
Hey Matt! Never replaced one on a 97... have done a 92. It has been a while so I can't walk you through it. Are you sure it's the starter? Are you getting voltage to the starter? If not, could be ignition switch.. had one of those go out before. If all else fails, go get a Haynes manual for $20.. it will get you through the job.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Hey Matt! Never replaced one on a 97... have done a 92. It has been a while so I can't walk you through it. Are you sure it's the starter? Are you getting voltage to the starter? If not, could be ignition switch.. had one of those go out before. If all else fails, go get a Haynes manual for $20.. it will get you through the job.
+1 dave here has never steered me wrong with my accord, he has helped me on numerous occasions. I have probably gotten better advise from members here then on any accord forum i have tried.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do I know or test if I am getting voltage to the starter?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts