Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm not sure how they are controlling there Air Conditioner but this doesn't look like too bad of a job. I've wanted to do this but havn't known where to put the AC Controls. Guess I wouldn't do this b/c you lose your center AC vents also. Hmmm....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1830092081&r=0&t=0

BTW, that guy is wanting too much for it...12K for that, with those miles, no....

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
Hi Matt,

indeed! To expensive for what he wants to (12K). And then with a damaged driver leather seats !

Mike / Cologne

·
Registered
21 Posts
why not just get a pop out screen, you could switch the cd player to the space below it and then put a pop-out screen where the head unit is in the pic?..

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
pschitt said:
why not just get a pop out screen, you could switch the cd player to the space below it and then put a pop-out screen where the head unit is in the pic?..
a lot of people don't like the look of a pop-out screen, in the matter of fact, I hate it. It just doesn't look like it belongs on the car. A in-dash LCD would look like a factory nav system, which is a lot better look I think.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
pschitt said:
or........instead of going through the trouble of removing or relocating the AC controls, just mount the screen in the stock stereo location and remove the ashtray and lighter to mount the head unit there.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
i'm not really feelin this ****, esp that wood trim.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Actually That seat is really very inexpensive to repair.... My coupe had that problem cost me $75 to repair and redye the whole seat....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Check it out!

I just HAD to ask where the controls were... Check this out! He mounted them inside the console. Not a bad idea...

coooool

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
LIVING_LEGEND said:
That wood trim is hideous
Yes - quite right. The wood trim doesn´shines! Just curious. I have noticed, that there is a different between the ashtray and the rest of it.

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
gotta give the dude an A for effort.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I give him an A+ for creativity. I may have used something other than those obvious wood screws, but that's a minor thing compared to the major movement of his climate control unit. Great mod. Holla!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
That was a brave move to relocate the air controls like that. Not too bad of a job either. But if I was going to relocate something I would have put the screen in the double DIN space and relocated the head unit to the arm rest. Just my preference. Oh yeah, and skip the wood trim. :eek:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Check it out!

Sh0ck3d said:
I just HAD to ask where the controls were... Check this out! He mounted them inside the console. Not a bad idea...

coooool
Dang, that is tight....He did a good job on that...Still no center AC vents though...

·
Registered
376 Posts
a lot of people don't like the look of a pop-out screen, in the matter of fact, I hate it. It just doesn't look like it belongs on the car. A in-dash LCD would look like a factory nav system, which is a lot better look I think.
I love my in-dash pop-out LCD. It acts as the cd player as well so its much simpler, takes up less room and everyone loves how it folds all the way out on its own. =)

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was thinking about that....

Since i couldn't afford a screen yet, i relocated my climate control into my glovebox, made a custom cover for it. It was a B!tch. had about 50 wires to cut and extend. Where the climate control once sat now holds my volt meter guage and oil pressure guage. The vent is still there. just the hole where the climate control was, was flushed out and a custom panel was molded into it. Looks pretty clean. Now i need to run the nylon hose to my oil sending unit. If someone wants to help me post up picture, I'll show you how my project is going. For appearance, its pretty much complete. A few people here have seen it i think.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sprung, hook it up with some pics..., i've always wanted to do that, but never had the nerves to mess with my automatic climate controls =).

zol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts