Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
INDIGLO GUAGES

Has anyone got the indiglo guages from procarparts.com installed yet??? I bought some a few weeks ago, and am installing them this weekend, anyone else?????

·
Registered
180 Posts
nope, i dont know how they really go on, but all of my friends put their indiglo's over the stock one, and turn down the background for the stock gauges, so when they decide to go back to stock gauges, you can just pull off the indiglo's.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Re: INDIGLO GUAGES

mattw007 said:
Has anyone got the indiglo guages from procarparts.com installed yet??? I bought some a few weeks ago, and am installing them this weekend, anyone else?????
yeah, the needle holes are not big enough for the spedometer and the tachometer. i cut mine a lil, i dont know how else to do it; didnt want to risk breaking the needles. For the switch, i just put it on max and threw all that crap in the lil cavity where the spedometer cable comes from and i got power from the fuse box. for some reason when i tried powering from the headlight/tailight one, it didnt work but the ignition one works so mine come on whenever i have the key in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got_horns- did you order yours from procarparts.com, or did you make them yourself??? So you actually cut the layout so that they could fit over, how did that workout??? If you did order them from procarparts.com, are they different color, or different brightness???

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures of the G1 Procarparts Indiglos? I have a G2 but wanna see how they look...Thanks.

·
Registered
217 Posts
they are different color and brightness. a really nice looking bright blue. i got em from procarparts. try getting them off ebay for cheaper. procarparts, sells much of their stuff on ebay. i dont think its worth 80+ bucks to have gauges that u have to cut to make fit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got_horns-

Did you try to bend the template before putting it on???? I heard you had to bend it and then it will slip over the needles, since it is a lamenated paper, it will bend back after it slips over.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah i bent it and still not fit. u can force it but i played it safe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got_horns, how much did you have to cut it, where did you cut it, and how does it look after being cut??? I am going to install mine tomorrow, and where did you wire it to again?????

·
Registered
2 Posts
no cutting is required! I was able to slip them on with very little effort. You first slide them over the large base part of the needle,
just enough to be able to slide over the part that sticks out the
back end of the needle. Worked for every piece!
I'm surprised you guys are cutting them up. Ouch!
I found a nefty trick for seeing what they look like before putting
them on the car. Wire it directly to the battery... damn they look
cool!
I purchased an extra dash cluster so I don't ruin my original. One of
the problems I'm coming across is how do you attach them to
the dials, glue? Do the original dials show through the new indiglo gauges when lit? I have to admit they could've included
better instructions!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any pics of what it looks like??? When you plugged it in to see what it looks like, do you know if that switch changes the color of the guage, or the brightness??? If it does the color, what are the colors??????? And one last question, how long did it take to put them in???

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is this crapp or what-
I drove three hours to get my guages installed at what I thought was a good installer, and when I got there I ended up waiting one hour for them to tell me that installing guages is a "whole day" project. They told me I had to re-schedule an appointment for a morning so they can have the car for the entire day. I am thinking of doing them myself now, I know it does not take longer than 2 hours max..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't actually installed them on the car yet. I bought an
extra gauge cluster to work on it here and there when I get the chance.
I have a digital camera so when the project is done I'll post some pics!

·
Registered
233 Posts
indiglos from procarparts

Slip the faces over the back side of the needle first,then it fits. Y ou can stick them on with a tiny bit of 3M or super glue then. Next take a Dremel sander to the face cover where the wiring goes into the new face & grind enough clearance so you don't have to bend the new face any. Ground black wire, connect red wire to reb/blk wire on dash brightness unit (nowhere else) under dash above rt. knee(remove under dash panel),you wiill have to add about 10'' to the red wire to reach. Mine came with no instructions at all so this is my installation, they are beautiful--took 6 hrs.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,472 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts