Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have a pair of Infinity 652i 6.5" and a pair of Polk EX365i 6.5" speakers. I also have an 89 Coupe L with the stock head unit.

My question is: Which would you put in front?

·
Registered
191 Posts
They're both pretty good speakers. I myself have the Infinities in my '91 Ac. If you want more treble, go with the Infinities, they are some really bright speakers. If you want more midbass, I'd say the Polks are probably a bit better for that.

-GR

·
Registered
231 Posts
the infinity's are rather bright, especially the CMMD ones, so i'd say put those in the back, with the polks up front, that should give you a rather good balance

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wow, how biased can some of u ppl get? U make the decision. What kind of music do u listen to?
Infinity offers a softer sound, it also has to do with the materials the cone is made of. Those reference series Infinity sometimes ahs a problem with the cone slowly cracking to a point where it will shatter to pieces. Most people who listen to rap, RB, pop or any kinda music that lets the bass resonate continuoisly and alot of vocal sound usually get the Infinity.
Polk, however can offer all of those features but the sound is not as soft. It's made of a hard rubberized material. The polks are better for rock, techno or music with a fast tempo, tighter bass, and alot of high frequency sounds.
Of course you can always go the peer-pressure way, where ur desicion will determined by ur friends opinions. Or the Brandname biased way, Infinity is everywhere and everyone knows them. However if u don't know about home audio too much, most likley u never heard of Polk. Polk made bad-knads home speakers.

Let your ears decide.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
I have been into home audio since I was 10. And car audio a few years after that. What you say is right about the difference between Infinity and Polk. I love all types of music, especially techno. I hade all Infinitys in my old car, and they sounded great with no problems ever. Yeah Polk has been doing home audio for a long time, but on that level, what about Bang & Olfesen (SP?) or boston accustics. You can get $10,000 6.5 inch speakers for your car, but they really wont sound much better that a $150 set. That is just what I have found. I do support you going an listening to the speakers yourself. Take a CD you like and see how it sounds. Good Luck!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Heyyyy he asked us, and we only had two choices. I personally like the brighter sound because I like to hear as much detail as possible, although it (brightness) doesn't necessarily mean sound resolution, but its the closest thing to it. I to am into Hi Fi home audio in fact its my hobby. Polk use to do hi end home reference speakers in the mid to late 80's and stop to make the big money from the mass market venue (good guy C City and the likes) when he did that I no longer stood behind his product although still good its no longer at the caliper it once was for obvious reasons. For good resolution & clarity in car audio mid and tweets Dymond Audio, Focal or MBquart would be my first and only choices personally.

·
Registered
231 Posts
How about this, just try them both. Use some female clips instead of soldering the wires, that way you can interchange them as you wish, go with whatever sounds better to you.... but to be honest I dont think there will be much of a difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.