Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I thought I was prepared to take these bolts on. I PB blast them 2 days in a row some got into my eye. I got an impact wrench various extensions from 10 inches to 24 inches, unversal joints and swivels. Well after 2 nights of messing with these bolts well just one bolt in particular we all know which one, I found out there just isnt enough room to work under there with just jack stands. Strained neck, bloody nuckles and a whole bunch of profanity later I gave up and drove it down to a muffler shop. Well at first I also heard some profanity then they broke out the torch and the rest was history. They loosen all 6 bolts for me and said come back when you need exhaust work done in the future. I was so siked they didnt charged me for that and just made my whole day. :woot: So I recommend to anyone who have to take those off just bring it to a muffler shop might cost $10-$20 but you have better things to do.

Anyways when I got home I got all of them out easy as pie but the infamous top bolt the stud came out instead of the nut. RangerJoe recommended to replace these nuts and studs. So do I have to go to the dealer for these?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.