Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

is anyone using the ingalls camber kits??????im thinking about picking it up... wat do u guys think?????

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yes, everyone is using them. There are a few others (Eibach is one) but the Ingalls are cheap and do the job great.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The Urethane ones have a stiffer feel, but you need to lubricate them periodically or the squeek like a *****. Other than that, they are identical.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would i need to lubricate the rubber ones???? and do u think $130 shipped for the front pair is a good price??? and $30 shipped for the rear...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
91BullDog said:
would i need to lubricate the rubber ones???? and do u think $130 shipped for the front pair is a good price??? and $30 shipped for the rear...
Yes you will. I have the rubber (3573 kit) while my friend has the urethane (3572) ones. I still have to lubricate mine as they eventually will start squeeking as well. My I just don't have to do it as often. It also depends on the type of lubricant. I've been using silicone which doesn't last very long at all, but somewhere there is a post by G Raun about an custom adapted lubrication inlet that he added to his kit for east quick long lasting lubrication.

G

·
http://groupbuycenter.com/buy.asp?row_id=5847

There's the link... actually its 120 for the front and 130 for the rear so a total of 250 for the front and rear.... Thats expensive... for some bolts and nuts... But replacing $500+ tires every 6 month it's worth it....

Hey how hard once installled to lubricate these parts? Do you need to take it a part and re lubricate and then install again?

G

·
Stick with the Polyurethane ones. THey have a much tighter suspension feel than the rubber ones and they are better for high speeds. For the little added performance that you get I think its worth considering all you really have to do is spray some WD40 in their every once and a while. And the squeaking is really minimal, it's not loud and the only time that I could here it was when they were brand new and I hadn't lubricated them once yet. Now I just lubricate them once every 1000 miles and don't have any problems. If you spend a lot of money to redo your suspension it doesn't make sense to half-ass the bushings unless you want as close to an OEM ride as possible (rubber is softer).

G

·
Yes I used a camber kit in the rear and I needed it bad. There is no reason why if you are doing it up front that you shouldn't do it in the rear. It litterally takes like 10 min to install and anyone could do it. It's just replacing a bolt and putting some washers underneath it. They're only like $8 a side too.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
It's just replacing a bolt and putting some washers underneath it. They're only like $8 a side too.
Better yet, just use the OEM bolt and buy a bag of washers from Home Depot for a couple of bucks and you're set. When I had my R-Spec sptings (Over 2" drop) I used 2 washers per bolt, for a total of 8 washers (Two bolts on each side). Since I have a more mild drop, I used 1 wahser per bolt now. My camber is well within spec.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the place ,(lighningmotorsports.com) i ordered my camber kit said ingall dont make rear kits for legends.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
91BullDog said:
the place ,(lighningmotorsports.com) i ordered my camber kit said ingall dont make rear kits for legends.
Ingalls shows an application now. Last year there was no rear camber kit for the Legend, but I believe just this year they added it. But anyway, why would anyone want to pay Ingalls for the rear camber kit? Like some of us posted, it is just a buch of spaces and bolts. Nothing that none of us that used washers as spacers weren't able to accomplish for a couple of bucks. According to Acura, my rear camber is almost perfect now. The only thing they had to adjust was the rear toe.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I think they include longer bolts to replace the OEM ones, but I aksed this question about using longer bolts with my washers to one of the Acura Techs here on this forums, and he told me that using longer bolts was not needed and I was fine. I also asked him if using washers was okay, and he said it is fine just a little harder since they simply use shims to correct the camber which doesn't require you to remove the entire bolt since the shim can slide under. If you use a washer, it serves the same porpose, but you need to remove the entire bolt to slip on the washer. But for me, if an Acura Tech says shims or washers are oaky, I'll use them. It is cheaper as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts