Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i may have done some serious damage because i been filling Lucas injector cleaner every fill-up and i just found out i should off used it every oil change, someone told be if i use it frequently like i did it would damage my seals anyone know if this is true, if so what seals did i damage. btw i have been using the injector cleaner since around November 08 around every fill-up or two. Damn i'm so pissed, all this just to save [email protected]#$!!!!

·
Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
how are you saving money on gas when you're wasting it on lucas?

its just like those people who put regular and throw octane boosters.
it doesnt make sense to me.

anyhow read the directions on the bottle.... some are formulated for every fill-up some are not.

the concern that most people have is that the contents of the cleaner can sometimes eat at the rubber seals and lines. common sense isn't a common virtue so people tend to forget that you're diluting it a 10-15 gallon tank of gas... so the ill effects are negligible... if any.

·
Registered
650 Posts
damn some people are so quick to believe whatever they hear. read the back of the bottle. it can be used every fill up. its different than say chevron's techron cleaner thats designed to be used every oil change because its oil based. but i agree you are throwing away your money by using it every tank, unless you really feel a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.