Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to re-make the whole exhaust when I put this turbo on, so there's no better time to figure out if I want to change the muffler style. I have a cheap stainless dual-tip muffler now, and it looks good, and sounds great, but I have this HUGE GReddy muffler just sitting here. I figure the GReddy will help amplify the turbo whine, but I don't know if it'll look right. Tell me what y'all think... GReddy or cheap-ass Auto-Zone muffler?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
I'd go with the cheap ass muffler cause GReddy looks ricey. And I know you don't want your car to look ricey. You should have bought the Stromung GB. I'm still waiting for my muffler.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The second "auto-zone cheaper" muffler!

It even kind of resembles the "Garson" G2 specific. Looks way better than the Greddy IMO.

. . .and of course you can always do Stromung if you want quality.

·
Registered
621 Posts
much of a muchness if i was to go twin pipes i would profer straight not up swept. i would go with what ever sounds better. im going with a varex that looks similar to the greddy so i can pass a noise test

·
Registered
619 Posts
is neither an option? Greddy is way to big for this baby, and i've always thought the angled pipes were super ricey, but maybe that's just me.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Yeah I had dual tips like that for a while...just an Ebay glasspack muffler...sounded great though....but yeah a few years ago the angled tips were hot...now they are just kinda bleh...

I'd go with whatever is your preference, bc its your car dude....but if you want my own suggestion, I love my Dynomax Super Turbo....not too loud, but not stock quiet...especially since youve got headers too....shes got a sweet sweet sound....

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Negative energy? I sure didn't mean it that way.

I apologize to you both.

You asked which looks better, and I personally think they are both goofy looking. I think you're idea of the straight dual tips would look best.

Howzat? :)

·
-------------------------
1,973 Posts
Personally I like the look of the stock muffler and I would stick to that sorta shape given the choice. Between those two, I'd pick the angled ones because I just hate fart cans (even if it sounds great, I just hate looking at em).

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Ya I think the dual straight pipe looks better.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK. So basically everyone HATES the GReddy, and a few like the cheap one, and still others want to see the tip-only done. Anyone got pics of a Stromung on a G1?

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
^ Lol thats gonna sound nasty. I'm still waiting for my Stromung exhaust. It's killing me.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
I think the muffler you have on there now looks better. The dual tips look like a modified version of the stock exhaust and thus match the car's styling much better than the Greddy can.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts