Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the one off procarparts.com...came without any instructions. the pipe has 3 holes in it, but it only came with 1 blue hose. could somebody please show me some good pics of what a properly instlled air intake is supposed to look like? like with clear shots also of what pipe goes into what vacuum tube itd really help me a lot. thanks!

G

·
I was in the same boat about 3 days ago :-(. But I finally figured it out after a little help from my mechanic (no I didn't pay ;)). I got the whole thing hooked up with the 3 hoses that Weapon-R sent me.

One of them carries coolant which will probably get everywhere but don't worry bout it. Just let it spill and then hose it down when you are done. Let the car just run with out giving it any gas though for a couple minutes so that the belts can dry off.

This is probably what the hose is for that they sent you, because the stock one went all over the place instead of just going straight if I'm correct. BTW, I'm talking about that coolant line:

Here is a shot from below that I thought may help too:

Here is a zoomed out shot of the whole thing (this may be all you need):

Here is a zoomed in shot of the three hoses:

And if you are really in need of help here is the tube connected to the throttle body:

Now before you start this project I think that you are going to need to go out and buy some new hoses. The one that they sent you is probably crap like the ones that Weapon-R sent me. My mechanic said that if I ever was driving the car really aggressively on a hot day the hoses could melt (I think that this is only an issue with the Coolant hose though) if they aren't reinforced so he stuck in a bunch of nice ones for me. I just used the stock 15mm hose going from the PCV to the biggest hole on the intake and cut it so that it fit right.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'm sure this will help you a lot though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
aaron, you forgot to mention that part about how you didn't acutally touch the intake once during the install, not to mention get your hands dirty :rolleyes:

:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
K&N from ebay

Mine is on the way. I am sure I will have the same problem.
Thanks for the clearly presented and valuable advise.
I will try to do the same when I am done with my install.
Ciao!

G

·
ngthing said:
aaron, you forgot to mention that part about how you didn't acutally touch the intake once during the install, not to mention get your hands dirty :rolleyes:

:D
Hey easy now! If it weren't for me you would still be drinking Coolant ;) trying to figure out where the hoses go. LOL

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Looks real good Aaron, I should be putting in my intake by this week when I get my Remus Exhaust. Does it matter where the 3 hoses get connected to on the intake or does it have to go by a certain sequence??

·
Registered
575 Posts
Dee, Weapon-R is going to send you 3 hoses. One hose is big, the second hose is medium, and the third hose is small. When you take out your factory intake your going to see that there are three hoses attached to it and one is big, the second is medium, and the third is small. So all you do is switch the hoses up. I gotta warn you though, the hoses that Weapon-R sends you takes a lot of effort to put on, but that's only because it needs to be a tight fit. Hope that helps.

G

·
Triton3K said:
Looks real good Aaron, I should be putting in my intake by this week when I get my Remus Exhaust. Does it matter where the 3 hoses get connected to on the intake or does it have to go by a certain sequence??
Thanks!
Look at what SammyD said about the hoses. Also though, like I said though earlier in the post. Yould find a different hose for the coolant because if there is ever a really hot day and you are driving your car really aggressive the hose could melt :(. That one should do fine temporarily though.

G

·
Avarice said:
Are you sure its a good idea to tie your HID ballast to the Powersteering resorvoir?
I don't see anything wrong with it... It's not tugging on it really. I made sure that it was pretty loose. Where is a better place that you think I could locate it?

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey Aaron and Sammy, do you recommend I go and buy a new set of hose that are stronger and the same size as the ones Weapon-R sent with the intake??

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
OK cool, I just don't want the hose to melt like Aaron said, but has anyone experienced that problem with their intake? Hey Sammy do you have AOL Instant messenger?

G

·
I was looking at your picture Sammy, and noticed that you also replaced that other hose above the intake... How come? Just for looks? Cause the one below the intake is the coolant one, right? :confused:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts