Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an indiglo emblem for my 92 4dr, and i want to hook it up so that it only comes on when i turn on my headlights. Has anyone already done this, or knows how to. thanx for the help!!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
92legendpimp said:
I just got an indiglo emblem for my 92 4dr, and i want to hook it up so that it only comes on when i turn on my headlights. Has anyone already done this, or knows how to. thanx for the help!!
Just tap into your corner light bulbs, that way it turns on with the lights.

also make sure you have nice cops where you live, the indiglo emblems are highly illegal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are u sure that they are illegal, can u point out a law to me, or do u know from experience??

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
92legendpimp said:
Are u sure that they are illegal, can u point out a law to me, or do u know from experience??
In most states any lighting that are not stock are illegal. I've been pulled over by the Michigan cops for clear corners, bumpers, superwhites and etc. And here in MI, neon lights and indiglo lights on the outside of your car is considered illegal.

You'll have to check with your local law enforcement to really find out what the local stature is.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

In most states any lighting that are not stock are illegal. I've been pulled over by the Michigan cops for clear corners, bumpers, superwhites and etc. And here in MI, neon lights and indiglo lights on the outside of your car is considered illegal.

You'll have to check with your local law enforcement to really find out what the local stature is.
I hope my 6000K Ultinons arent illegal. :(

G

·
jose3030 said:

I hope my 6000K Ultinons arent illegal. :(
The Ultinons are illegal :p. You didn't know that before you bought them?!?! It is more just whether you will ever come across a cop that will realize that they aren't stock, because: 1) the legend is a very nice luxury car, and had it been made a couple years later like the TL it would have come with HID's stock, and 2) most cops unless they are legend fanatics won't be able to tell. Using HID's is illegal in every state unless they are used with auto-leveling. I have never had any problems with my 4300K HID's. I have never even heard of anyone getting pulled over around here for having Super Whites or blue tinted bulbs (and those things are pretty obvious).

It says right on www.autolamps-online.com: "FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts