Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bulb that lites up the speedo and fuel guage has stopped working. Can someone tell me what size bulb or number of the bulb I need for the replacement.

I also need to replace the bulb that lites up green when the cruise control button is pushed. (size and/or number)

Also....the light behind the climate control button for "defrost" no longer works, can it be replaced? If so, what size and/or number do I need?

Thanks

· Dont Catch
4,530 Posts
well its not going to be very easy at all for the defrost button and cruise control... behind these switches is a harness plug. you're going to need to disassemble that to find out what it needs... I think everyone here just saves the hassle and buys new switches once the lights go...

I tried to see if i could replace the bulb in my OEM fog switch but I couldnt get it apart.

· Registered
1,938 Posts
194 i believe

the bulbs are the same as the corners 194s will werk i believe they have another name but those also werk. yah not sure bout those switches my courtesy light went out and im too lazy to fix, unless i have a short because my passenger corner blinker also no werk ayt peace good luck changing.

~t.s.

· Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tofusensei said:
the bulbs are the same as the corners 194s will werk i believe they have another name but those also werk. yah not sure bout those switches my courtesy light went out and im too lazy to fix, unless i have a short because my passenger corner blinker also no werk ayt peace good luck changing.

~t.s.
????? The same as the corner bulbs? I'm talking about the tiny bulbs that go into the instrument guage cluster and lights up the speedo, tach, fuel and temp guages. I don't think the corner bulbs would come close to fitting.

:2cool:

· engineering fanatic
204 Posts
junk yard is your salvation

I had a similar situation about 3 months back. The D4 light (green) in the instument panel was kaput. It just didn't feel right, but I wasn't too worried about it. I went to the junkyard looking for a side mirror, and I was out of luck. The Legend is very rare. You'll be lucky to find one, even in a foreign-car junkyard. But anyway, I found a 91 legend that was gutted out to the frame. The only thing in there was the dash. So, I got the instrument panel out and stripped out a bunch of lights from it. Didn't even pay for them. I only paid 5 bucks for two door-ashtrays (I was missing only 1, and my interior is tan. This Legend was blue interior, so I had to take them both so they'd match). Now my D4 lights comes on, and it feels good, and I've got a buch of spare lights in the trunk.

So, pull out the yellow pages and call all the junkyards up, if they do have a Legend, stop by. The best junk yards are the pull-it-urselfers. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.