Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently called my allstate agent, about insurance on a new/used car (in replacement of my sebring) and i was shocked when i got the quotes. Here's the quotes (the car will be added to my parents plan, and it is for full coverage) Keep in mind I am almost 17.

1993 Acura Legend LS 6 Speed;
$1677 evey 6 months
2000 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe;
$1247 every 6 months with lowjack
$1357 every 6 months without lowjack
2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6;
$1371 every 6 months
1998 Ford Contour SVT
$1346 every six months

Just a few quotes to throw out to you guys. Yea it puts a big hole in the pocket :( But there's nothing you can do about it. I think I'm definantly going wih an Accord or maybee even a Jetta 1.8T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I know tell m about it, but my father refuses to change, and we get kickbacks like a year after a new vehicle is added to the plan
 

·
Hatin the rain already
Joined
·
598 Posts
I wish I had those cars for choices when I was 16!! I had a VW fastback that didnt run. OH well those insurance prices are the penalty you will pay for being male and under 25. Plus if you live in a high crime and accident area you will always pay more. I think it is kinda interesting how the price changes with or without lowjack. Have fun with any of those rides.
Late,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
yup, insurance rapes you if you're young and a guy....

$2,000/6mo's here with Geico, 21, separate plan than my parents.

Esurance refused me and would not take the risk even tho I have no points, tickets, etc...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,260 Posts
Hurleysurf24 said:
I recently called my allstate agent, about insurance on a new/used car (in replacement of my sebring) and i was shocked when i got the quotes. Here's the quotes (the car will be added to my parents plan, and it is for full coverage) Keep in mind I am almost 17.

1993 Acura Legend LS 6 Speed;
$1677 evey 6 months
2000 Honda Accord EX V6 Coupe;
$1247 every 6 months with lowjack
$1357 every 6 months without lowjack
2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLX VR6;
$1371 every 6 months
1998 Ford Contour SVT
$1346 every six months

Just a few quotes to throw out to you guys. Yea it puts a big hole in the pocket :( But there's nothing you can do about it. I think I'm definantly going wih an Accord or maybee even a Jetta 1.8T
Ouch:eek:

I pay $550 every six months, but I'm kinda old. I'm the guy who brought the fish and wine to the last supper, the one Jesus showed up to.
 

·
B**k F***er
Joined
·
2,642 Posts
My insurance just got lowered. I was paying $1300 every 6 months @ age 24 with base insurance on my 91 Legend with 3 tickets under Geico in NY but I'm not in NYC, just north on the other side of the Hudson.

I turned 25 in May, one ticket that went through the system in March of 1996 was dropped and my insurance lowered to $760 for 6 months!!!

I have another ticket in November of 1996 that will drop my next bill, my last ticket was a year ago so I still have 4 years on that one.

I wasn't expecting such a large drop from one ticket. Does insurance drop when you turn 25? I thought it was when you were 30 perhaps?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
702 Posts
NickD said:
I wasn't expecting such a large drop from one ticket. Does insurance drop when you turn 25? I thought it was when you were 30 perhaps?
Yup, the golden age is 25, when your insurance willl really drop....i still got four more years to go, but under 25 they consider you in high risk category. consider it your birthday now! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
722 Posts
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIII*!! Japanese insurance companies all are the same, mine is $350 every six months full coverage on any car regardless of engine, make or model. And it is like that for everyone, slightly more for younger drivers. These are for the military driver's in Japan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
671 Posts
interestingly, it is actually isn't 25 that is the magic age... i was talking about this with my insurance person the other day, and the magic number is *8 years of driving experience*. most people get their license when they are 16, so this translated to 8 years of being behind the wheel when they turn 25. i can't wait until that birthday (8 more months!) so that my $100/month will finally go down (and this is with *no* tickets or anything - knock on wood...). take care,

wally
 

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
Joined
·
4,926 Posts
Full coverage on my 95 was about $1188 a year under my name. Full coverage for my 93 was about $900 a year under my wifes name. Full coverage for my 94 Civic E Coupe is about $924 or year under my wifes name. The Civic actually cost more than the Legend for the same coverage. I guess the high theft rates really puch the price up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
DaTimez420 said:
yup, insurance rapes you if you're young and a guy....

$2,000/6mo's here with Geico, 21, separate plan than my parents.

Esurance refused me and would not take the risk even tho I have no points, tickets, etc...
Weird.
Must be cuz you're from DC.

I'm from Northern VA and they approved me.
Also, it may be due to credit rating, perhaps?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
Esurance.com rates for :

93 6speed coupe LS
*AND*
89 automatic coupe (base model)

Full coverage on both
$900 every 6months for me.

I'm 22 and have 6 years driving experience.

-Jose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Im 18, and I think full coverage for me costs around $100/mo for my 89 sedan. but my parents decided just to do liablility (and possibly theft?) for me. I have geico by the way.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top