Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its time to change the "carbin fiber" filter I recieved with the short ram intake my girl friend bought me for christmas :couple: . The middle part in the filter is starting to bubble and I don't want anything going into my engine. So any suggestions on a good filter to add some more horses to mamacita?

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
AEM Dryflow for sure...otherwise you might as well just stick with paper...

K&N is just a bunch of marketing bullshit.....dont fall for it....

And +1, Weapon R is some overpriced piece of metal tubing.....make one yourself for a fraction of the price...

·
because i can.
10,426 Posts
They told you that its better than what exactly?

A tube sock at the end of the intake? Because I think even that is up for debate...

They suck ass for filtration and get that oil shit all over your intake and throttle body....

Dry flow or paper dude....cancel your order...

·
Registered
650 Posts
wow u guys amaze me.

first someone says X product is no good. then another person says WTF i heard it was good? then that same person says oh ok i believe you now im gonna cancel my order.

shows why there's so much misinformation out there. do your own research about a product before bashing it and why would you change your mind completely on the quality of a product just because one person says so?

see, i dont just believe everything i read on an internet forum, because most of it is BS. instead, i'll go ahead and research the product and form my own decision instead of believing everything i read on an internet forum.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
^^ so you're a fan of K&N?

I will recommend dry flow or stick with oem paper filter.

·
Registered
650 Posts
a fan of K&N... i suppose. i think they're products are the most marketed and advertised which means they're easiest to get. the prices on some of their stuff isnt great though. but yes, i do use their products and have never had problems with them

my point wasnt to bash sam o nela's opinion, that's fine if that's his opinion. i just dont get why the other guy would completely change his opinion just by reading something on an internet forum. i would rather do the research myself than believe everything i read.

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
I recommend the AEM dry flow over the K&N simply because of the oil on the K&N. It will stick on the inside of your intake manifold and you'll see it catch dust and dirt that passes through the filter.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.