Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
naw it belive its alittle bigger then 2 1/4" probably like 2 3/4" but you can fit a 3" without much coustomizing, you can wrap the filter tube with some tape or ect.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanx....umm am i supposed to plug the vaccum hose and then drill another hole for it.......and do u guys know any sites that do it step by step with pics?

·
Registered
180 Posts
are you getting a intake? or just the filter, if your getting the intake, then i would just drill the same holes as the stock one, put fittings on the holes, and your set.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
lilboi tony said:
a breather is useless. Just a waste of 20 bucks.
dont know where you shop to get your breathers. but wherever it is your getting ripped.

& as far as useless. washing & waxing the car could be considered useless. but it makes the car look nice now doesnt it

·
Registered
180 Posts
i know its useless thats why i didn't waste my money on it. Its just for ricy cars. Trust me on this.

·
Registered
462 Posts
there is nothing usless about the breather filter. it filters air going in your engine, the cool thing about it is that when you put a custom intake, you don't have to drill holes and put fittings in it, (most likely leak anyways) and only cost about 6 bucks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
the hole on the top of your valve cover that goes into the intake was for the stock intake, when air is sucked in, it makes the oil from the bottom of the head go up so it keeps the vales and camshaft lubed.

So without that pipe going into the intake from the valve cover, the hole isn't doing jack ****. And by putting a breather on there isn't helping either.

Because if you've ever tried, hot air goes up, and hot air from the valve cover would go up, so then how can a breather help it will stop the hot air from going up since its a filter. Which dose Bull **** to your car!

·
Registered
462 Posts
that is what the pcv valve does, it uses engine vacuum to bring air up. the other side is just a breather to equilize the pressure in the crank case. thats why it needs a filter because you don't want dirty air in your engine(why on stock intakes it is tapped into the air intake plumbing after the air filter) so putting a seperate breather filter won't hurt a thing.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
lilboi tony said:
the hole on the top of your valve cover that goes into the intake was for the stock intake, when air is sucked in, it makes the oil from the bottom of the head go up so it keeps the vales and camshaft lubed.

So without that pipe going into the intake from the valve cover, the hole isn't doing jack ****. And by putting a breather on there isn't helping either.

Because if you've ever tried, hot air goes up, and hot air from the valve cover would go up, so then how can a breather help it will stop the hot air from going up since its a filter. Which dose Bull **** to your car!
by that same token...why bother putting a filter on your intake?

everything that goes in will just get burned up anywayz right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts