Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I finally received the dragon intake the other day and I'm going to attempt to install it tommorow. Hook me up with instructions on how to make this happen quickly and smoothly. Its the intake without TCCS. Thanks.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to know what it took to take out the old airbox and how you went about putting in the new one. I got mounting brackets, 3 tubes, where do they go and connect to, etc...

Thanks

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's ok. My friend and I installed it in about an hour and then Alexander and his brother came over and put the finishing touches on it. :)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Thats cool Sammy. did you notice any difference as far as the ride is concerned? I got my intake sitting here and i'm just waiting for my Remus to arrive so I can put both in but maybe i'll do the intake first to see what difference I feel with just that compared to it being stock and then compare it with both the Remus and intake. If you have pics, please post. I'll post as soon as I get mines installed.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Where do you place the mounting bracket? Does it even do anything? I have a CAB and I think the pipe would be supported buy the box since it passes through it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Triton3K, I did feel a little difference and the sound it makes is really nice. I have a Remus also and it made my Remus a little louder than what it was also. I think I'll feel more of a difference once my Legend learns that the intake is in. It was the same way with the Remus. But definetly a sweet combination. I'll post pics as soon as I get a hold of a digital camera.

VBO1TEO, I sent you mail.

MC_, I was wondering the same thing with the bracket. That's when I called Alexander and he came over with his brother and they made it so that it holds the filter so that it doesn't bounce around, looks really nice actually. I'll get pics as soon as I can.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sammy,

Did you have a coolant hose under the throttle body that connects to the metal hose bridge? The other end went back to the thermostat housing.

I was wonder what did you do with that hose.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MC_, I think I know what your talking about but I'm not to sure. When I was installing the intake that metal bridge was basically just hanging there because of that one connection you are talking about. So what I did was I got rid of the middle man (the metal bridge) and connected the coolant hose straight to the thermostat housing. Does that sound right?

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Thats good to hear Sammy. I got a weapon R intake sitting here at home and i'm just waiting for the Remus exhaust to come in either by the end of the week or early next week.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sammy,

I wanted to take a road trip back up to Rhode Island again. If you can suggest a good time, maybe me can arrange a meet up there. Im sure couple of guys want to come up (when it gets warm).

Let us know....

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mike, sounds good to me. I know Alexander would be down for sure since he's only in Watertown. I'm always up for a meet so any weekend is good for me. Just tell me when. There's a car show in Worcester, MA on May 5th at the Centrum Centre, that might be a good time to meet up and represent the Legends. I'll post more info about it in the meets forum later on. We could even do a meet in Newport like we talked about in the past. But I'm definetly down, once it gets warmer we'll set something up.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts