Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a problem with the weapon r intake the throtle cable is on its way how do i move it out of its way

·
Registered
583 Posts
Throttle cable?

You got an automatic?
You talking throttle cable, or the cable that goes from the Throttle Body to the Transmission?
If it's the later, I can take a couple photos and send them to you of what I did whith mine when I installed the BigAst K&N on it.
Buk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
neva mind is the one the goes to the transmision i to a good look at it now so hw do u moved it out the way or how do install the intake

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
hey

you need to cut it to get the "thick metal" part off

kinda do one of those lil things that you twist round and round....
and cuts metal...
you dig?

but not cut the ACTUAL cable. (that would be catastrophic)

·
Registered
180 Posts
yeah i had the sam problem, i decided to screw the intake, and just toss on a OBX filter over the stock pipes, or else you would haft to coustomize yur own pipe that would drop down like the stock pipe.

·
Registered
583 Posts
no cuttin involved

I just turned my intake elbow down a little.
Removed the bracket. (upper arrow)
Zip tied the cable to another that ran near it. (second arrow)
And zip tied it to a bracket behind battery. (lower arrow)

This is still part of my temp install to see if it will work.
I've had it on for a week and no shifting problems. hint: if you move the cable too far, you will get the "[email protected], my trans is going out" sweats.... just get the cable back closer to it's normal position. You can move it up to 1/2 inch or so.

I am replacing the zip ties tomorrow with hose brackets that fit that cable.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just move the elbow down a bit and add a cone filter and thats all i need to do but i whant the pipeing so i guess ill just **** with it "hey the 90 degree elbow is in the car "

·
Registered
583 Posts
It oughta be a little familiar....

It's half of the S shaped tube between the Throttle Body and the Air Box. Just take the the tube off and twist / lightly pry at the seam in the middle. It has a plastic sleeve that both 90s are glued to to make the S shape. Go easy with it.
I placed the sleeve (no glue) back inside the 90 that I used and if fit the bigast K$N filter perfectly. :D
Tilted it down a little and had to plug the old air line and drill a new hole for it, but it really was simple (and cheap :D )
Next time I'm in that area I'll pull off the 90 and make photos of the relative position of the hole and get the size etc.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey abe805- how big was the K & N intake filter that you used??? I am trying to do the same thing you did, can you tell me how it is holding up, how long has it been installed???? Thanx a bunch

·
Registered
50 Posts
SOrry, I mean Bukowski=Legned, how big was the k & n filter, and how much did you pay????? I am interested in doing that, did you notice any performance changes???? ANd how long has it been installed for????

·
Registered
180 Posts
were running our cars illegal with thoes filters correct? so if i were to go take a smog i would haft to switch back to my stock setup?

·
Registered
180 Posts
so i can run a stock intake pipe with a OBX filter? yeah! i was too lazy to change it back to stock for smog.

·
Registered
583 Posts
The BigAst K$N

mattw007 said:
SOrry, I mean Bukowski=Legned, how big was the k & n filter, and how much did you pay????? I am interested in doing that, did you notice any performance changes???? ANd how long has it been installed for????
Spent almost two hours at a local PepBoys searching for the biggest one that would fit after careful measuring....
The K&N number is: E-1796
It does rub the sparkplug wires on the distributor cap and the battery tray but both by very little.
As far as performance, Hell man, my Legend is so [email protected] Fast it's hard to judge... :D
hehe, yeah, felt like it picked up a little. Sounds way cool when you step on it, so like a dog going to bells, my gas milage is goin down... :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts