Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which ones are good... I mean they vary in price form 50 to 200$... I'm just talking about regular intakes like RM, or Weapon R... Is there any difference.. And there is always the infamous " You get what you paid for" so are the cheaper one's crap??:confused:

·
Junior Mint
633 Posts
Intakes are basically the same for the Legend. Metal tube + filter. You might want to look into a cold air intake either through modifying an intake with an extension or the Weapon R cold air box.

"you get what you pay for," usually true, except when you pay $500 more for the same product.

·
Registered
702 Posts
i originally had the weapon-r hyper intake in my legend, until it got broken into and the thieves stole my system and intake! so i replaced it with the weapon-r dragon intake, cost only about $160 and i love it. it looks real nice and intimidating and you can definitely feel and hear the difference it makes on your car, especially when over 3000rpm, that's when it goes into full blast. i'm sure other intakes are pretty similar, but you can't go wrong with weapon-r. you can always add on the ram cold air kit weapon-r sells, but it's really not necessary to do all that unless you are really looking for as much possible horsepower, but intake is all you really need to begin with.

·
Registered
122 Posts
wats up

i have a weapon r intake think i paid about 195.00 a year ago........ but it is just an inake not an cold air intake......

thanks
richard

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
The weapon R is definately a good choice or if your not trying to spend that much money they also have the intake from www.importtoys.com. Neither one of these intakes are cold air intakes but the Cold Air intake can be done at home and shouldn't be a problem to do or you can just order the cold air box that weapon-R has made for the Legend. Just see what it is your looking for and let us know so we can further help you out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want to buy the importtoys intake but eveyone is running RM, or such.. 200$ is alot.. but it's for the engine..(i'm a sucker for the norm) But i'm interested in the Importtoys..

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
All an intake really is is a metal pipe and what really sets them apart are the different filters that they use. I know certain people who have made intakes themselves and just purchased the filters for it to work.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I agree futureX, the weapon-r intakes look real nice, especially the claws on the dragon filter....it's the first thing that catches the eye when you pop the hood :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah they are cool... But I just want a plain intake.. I think i'll go with the RM It's basic... And most prople are using thoes w/ no problems..

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
How much are the Rm intakes going for? I'll just go with the Weapon R because it's Legend specific and doesnt need any modifications to it unlike some of the RM's which need just very minor modifications to fit but I don't know if that problem was ever fixed or if RM still makes intakes for the Legends.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
The RM and Weapon-R, as well as all the other Legend intakes all use the smae 3" aliminum pipe. They all only differ in the type of filter they use. Since all are 3" pipes, all the filters are interchangeable with each other. I have personally only seen the Weapo-R and RM intake, and IMHO, the Weapon-R has a better fitment. While both have all provisions for the vacuum hoses, the Weapon-R pipe has these provision in a much better possition and in logical order. The Weapon-R is also the only intake that technically has an application for Legends with TCS. While the RM intake still fits these TCS equiped Legends, it is a one fit all intake for all Legends, so fitting in on a TCS Legends makes it a tighter fit. IMHO, I would get teh Weapon-R for its great fit, especially if you have TCS, then if you are not satisfied with the filter sound, or performance, buy another filter of your choice when the Weapon-R one gets old.

·
Registered
139 Posts
RM Racing Intake

My dad and I both have the RM Racing intake on our Legends. I am very satisfied with it, and so is he. I have had mine for almost 3 years, and it has paid for itself in gas mileage alone.

The following pics concern fitment with and without TCS. My coupe (white) does not have TCS, however my dad's coupe (red) does, and you can see the difference, although both fit without problems:

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my question would be what is the advantage of having the weopon R over the stock intake system.........some people say that its not a noticable upgrade except for looks and sound?? san someone please tell me what you think?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Brian, Chris K thanks for all you info.. I have the non TCS so I'm ok.. I don't really like the weapon R because of all the graphics and decals on the intake.. The RM is plain and just a basic intake. The fit ?? brought up by chris will be somthing to consider but I dont have TCS.

Samir I think the intake will provide you with better gas milage as most pople in legend.org and here have stated. Also you will not have to pay 30$ + every so often to change the stock filters... So in the long run you will make the $$ back and then some on purchasing an intake.. Thats good enough for me.. Preformance wise alot of people have said that your excelleration from a complete stop is improved over the stock intake. Also your high rpm's you can also feel the difference..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts