Acura Legend Forum banner

Interchangability of parts from Accord 2.7?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  C25A1guy 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever had a good look at the 95-97 Accord V6 2.7? It's the same engine as ours, but I was wondering if anyone had ever used any parts from one. I would like to get the black engine cover piece from one and fit it to mine. Also, was that a VTEC?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Parts Interchangeability

This question comes up pretty regularly.

Won't someone who has access to the Hollander Interchange manuals please post?

Better yet, maybe some of you rather flush members can fork out the +$300 or so for these manuals and let us look at the pages? I knew I could count on your goodwill.:rolleyes:

#3 ·
From the December 1994 Car and Driver road test of the Accord V6:

Next, we talked to the engine guys. The say the Accord's 2.7-liter V-6 is "95 percent new," with new heads and manifolds and a revised block. The remaining 5 percent was carried over from the engine in the 1988-'91 (sic) Acura Legend Coupe."
I think you can get your oil filters from the Honda dealer, though. Also, I don't see a problem in doing a complete engine swap. The tranny is also the same, I think, because C/D has the same complaints about it that I have about the tranny in the Legend.

#4 ·
Well, I guess that would be another good project to take on someday, the conversion of the old 2.7 to the newer 2.7. Probably would have slight issues w/ mounting locations.

That's new to me how the block and heads are different.

Thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.