Acura Legend Forum banner

What performance parts would you want to get custom made for the G1?

• Front Strut Bar

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • Headers

Votes: 42 65.6%
  • Cold Air Intake (CAI)

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • Nothing, but thanks.

Votes: 2 3.1%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been working together with Leon to help organize some custom performance stuff for our G1s. He knows a pretty good shop that has pretty good prices. I just wanted to see if there is an interest and in what. Here is an example of the work that he got made specifically for G2.

http://stores.legendarylegendz.com/...=1&total=1&no=3

As long as we can get together a few people on this it shouldn't be a problem. This shop is very fair in prices and makes quality stuff. If we can get together about 10 or so people that want this stuff than we will be set. Strut bars and headers shouldn't be a problem but CAI is gonna be crampt just because of the space issue. I will have to wait and see when we get a G1 measured in the shop. Right now they are kinda busy with the G2 strut bars. It will be a lil while (a couple weeks) until we can actually get them working so I'd just like to know if he have enough interest in these items. I really want to make this happen though. I know a lot of people just talk about this kinda stuff but Leon already got it through with the G2 strut bar. I want to do the same with G1s. Also, I am open to any other comments or suggestions. Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, we are gonna try to get both an automatic/manual, coupe/sedan version of all of the above. I am not sure what differences there are between all of these but I know that there are minor differences in the headlights/tailights/grill and such between these models. We will prolly try to get all versions of the car in there to get fitted but if that isn't possible I know a junkyard around here that we may go to and see if there are any specific differences. I know we were gonnna take my car to get fitted and it is an automatic so you shouldn't have a problem. I think auto should only be different when making the CAI.
If you guys know of any differences or variances amoung models/years/trims/autov.manual let me know so we can check them out. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you could get a camber kit at a reasonable price, I'm certain you'd have several buyers (including me =D), and, possibly make more people apt to lower their own cars (and, thus, you'd have even MORE buyers!).

I'd definetly be in for that, and most likely I'd be in for the front strut bar. BTW, thanks for starting this up!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
i would go for getting all of them if the price is right :) thanks a lot to you and leon for getting this moving along.

·
Five- O
857 Posts
Thanks for starting the thread firestrom

I'm down w/ all three- and anything else that comes up for the g1!!!!!

Esti

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
legendHI said:
If you could get a camber kit at a reasonable price, I'm certain you'd have several buyers (including me =D), and, possibly make more people apt to lower their own cars (and, thus, you'd have even MORE buyers!).
I will see what we can do about this. It's a possibility. However, I was gonna make the priority whatever item we have most interest in. I believe this would be the strut bar. Then probally CAI. We will know more about prices as soon as they can take a look and get the cars fitted, but they will certainly be a fair price from what I hear. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok guys,
I got a lil more info. Right now we were looking at doing strut bar and CAI. Right now we were gonna hold off on headers. Sorry guys.
About camber kits, I heard that Accord ones were a pretty close match. I would check this out first.
I hope to get a strut bar fitted for our car in about 2 weeks as soon as they get some time. They have had a huge order for G2 strut bars and are busy. These bars are being custom made and hand polished so it is not the fastest thing in the world. I'll keep you posted about any other updates. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RICDOGG said:
i want clear corners
I've been trying to get a way so we could get them without shelling out $200. I think soon I'm gonna try modding 90-93 accord ones to see if they will fit. Maybe we could get a group buy on some from somewhere. I saw this one shop that cleared yours out for you but charged you a lot. Something like $150ish. And, you had to be without your corners for a while. I will let you guys know if the Accord ones work out though.

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
firestorm said:

I've been trying to get a way so we could get them without shelling out $200. I think soon I'm gonna try modding 90-93 accord ones to see if they will fit. Maybe we could get a group buy on some from somewhere. I saw this one shop that cleared yours out for you but charged you a lot. Something like $150ish. And, you had to be without your corners for a while. I will let you guys know if the Accord ones work out though.
Accord lights markers wont work....& Clearcorners.com charges $80/pair. i want the price all the ricers pay <$25.

& I have a sedan so even the 250 one peices wont work.

It's in the hands of Fearless Leader

·
Registered
689 Posts
I WILL do it eventually, but you should go the custom plexiglass route. I've seen it done (in pictures) and it looks great.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Strut Bars

I'll go with front & rear Strut bars, if we can do a decent price in Aus$

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Strut Bars

RICDOGG said:

Accord lights markers wont work....& Clearcorners.com charges $80/pair. i want the price all the ricers pay <$25.

& I have a sedan so even the 250 one peices wont work.

It's in the hands of Fearless Leader
$80 for a pair isn't bad compared to $200. I know the accord ones won't fit exactly but I will see if I can moddify them slightly to fit.

legendHI said:
I WILL do it eventually, but you should go the custom plexiglass route. I've seen it done (in pictures) and it looks great.
I've considered doing this many times but it is not as easy as it seams. I've seen a lot that have gone bad. Also, the piece you have to remove is curved in two directions- not flat. A replacement piece wouldn't fit right. Also, the diffusement pattern would be lost.

Shadow said:
I'll go with front & rear Strut bars, if we can do a decent price in Aus$
We were gonna do front strut brace for now(maybe rear later). I'm not sure how much shipping would be to Australia but once we get them done and the price finalized then you can see if it is worth it to have it shipped so far. I wouldn't think shipping would be too bad. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know more. Thanks.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I have the ugly 80s style back on my Legend. ANy way to get rid of that and make it look nice? I've heard tinting and painting over it, but I don't think that will match the color of my sedan ( kind of charcoal black). Any ideas, with pics on how to get rid of this?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.