Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get a feel for this so hang in there, but I might be able to make clear tail lights for both the Legend coupe and the sedan (most likely 2nd Gen), and I need to know how many people would be interested. Don't ask me how much they will cost because I don't know how much it will cost for me to make them (I'm guessing $40-$100). If I have enough serious interest then I will start making them, if not you are on your own, j/k. So please let me know if you would be interested and about how much you would be willing to pay and we will see how it goes. Either post on this thread or PM me.
Thanx

I could make them look like either all red and make the amber clear or just all red, or make them all clear like this:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2134462018

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I can tell you that it wont be a peice of $hit, I am VERY picky when it comes to cars, and I would not send you anything that I would install on my own car. By the looks of your car you might be a little more picky then me, that thing is CLEAN!!!!, It looks great. Lets see if any one else is interested and we will go from there, I see a lot of lookers and no takers so far.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
well how do you want to make it?

if you want to make a mold, it could cost anywhere from $25-$35K for that single mold for the lense.

umm if your'e gonna do a warp, i doubt you'll get the same quality.

if you're just gonna lay a flat plastic, cut it, and put it on, well i dunno how the seals would work out, because it's about an inch deep.

i dunno...someone here made some, except i think he bought them from japan and painted them. don't think he really made them made them.

i could be wrong, and if you are gonna do it, then i'd be interested. also i got a coupe taillight already disassembled if you want it for 20$ plus shipping.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As I said before, I will not make anything I would put on my own car, they will look just like stock, but clear. If you want them I will do it, I might just end up making them for my own car and if y'all like them then you can buy, if not then thats cool with me. Just thought I would try to help out a couple of Legend Nuts.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm in, red and clear, sedan, im wondering the same thing as perzian,how you gonna make it,
i think if you made it for your car first and prove to doubters that you did it once and can do it again, you'll get alot of buyers, but im in 100%

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will make a mold of the stock tails out of High Performence silicone and then use a clear or red resin to pour in the mold and make the actual lens, trim the edges, reassemble it all and ship it out. It will look just like the stock tails only all clear or red. I will see if I can't get my own personal tails made by new years and let y'all see them and decide.

·
know 'm ool
1,399 Posts
Paradise said:
I will make a mold of the stock tails out of High Performence silicone and then use a clear or red resin to pour in the mold and make the actual lens, trim the edges, reassemble it all and ship it out. It will look just like the stock tails only all clear or red. I will see if I can't get my own personal tails made by new years and let y'all see them and decide.
yea i might be interested, but i'd like to see pics first
here's something to shoot for:

could u make the c/r/r ones as well?
thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Holy $hit, those tails with the clear on top look bad a$$, I am going to have to make a couple of practice runs, but I would imagine I could make any thing you wanted. As I said before give me until the new year to work on it and I will let y'all see. We are having a FL meet then and I want the to be finished by then.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Osamu said:
yea i might be interested, but i'd like to see pics first
here's something to shoot for:

could u make the c/r/r ones as well?
thanks
now those are bad ass, not like that other legend. I like the clear middle signal light. THat is sweet . and that dual exahust. i'm up for that as well. dude anyone live near riverside county. we gotta meet up and discuss about some modifications to our cars like seriously!

·
Banned
618 Posts
Paradise put me on your list of clients! Thanks! let me know when you need me to send you my tail lights!

·
Registered
125 Posts
i got clear tails on my coupe. i bought it off ebay awhile ago. but my gf has my car rite now and i dun have any pics either, but i can take some pics this weekend. the tails look great at a distance but when yu come up close and pay a lil attentions yu see some flaws. and look homemade , which they are. but i'm not complaining about it. i dun see anyone else here in philly with clear taillights that i have notice yet. but still looks great on my car :p :D

1 - 20 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.