Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that use PayPal, you might want to check out this website:

http://www.paypalwarning.com/

I had to deal with their "customer service" one time and can echo some of the comments in the "Wall Of Shame" section. :( It's bothered me enough that I've closed my account with them. C2it, BillPay and BillPoint have been suggested as alternatives. Later---

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
I also cancelled my paypal account due to that site.

I also had one of their Paypal credit cards and they sent me this notice stating that you cant sue them (I didnt quite understand the legal mumbo jumbo) so I paid it off and cancelled that card as well.

Now, I just have one credit card.
Easier to deal with.

-Jose

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
WOW.... I have only used them once and I was kinda wary about using them......within days they were telling me to claim my money or I would not get it. I dont thnk I will use them anymore.

THanx for the heads up.:)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
legendarith said:
i have the card, but never plan on using it... i might as well cancel it then.
Might as well cancel it.
I dont know what the literature stated exactly, but it was like, to the effect of "if you want to sue us, you cant, and if u disagree with this policy, send us a letter and we'll opt you out of it"..

i hate when companies pull this sly ****, so i cancelled the card.

·
Registered
397 Posts
jmckell said:
I just use my paypal account to send money and not to recieve it. I don't think that there is any problem with that.:confused:
That's how I feel. I would want a money order in hand for anything I was selling. Just use it for sending money, that's smart.

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the whole point....

If you have a verified PayPal account, even if it's just to send money, they have access to your checking account number PLUS whatever credit card(s) you have listed. After reading about them debiting checking accounts without the owners knowledge, that was enough for me. There was always something fishy about them that I never could quite put my finger on----now I know why. They may be perfectly acceptable to use to send money---just not my money. Later---

·
Registered
157 Posts
How do I cancel my Paypal account? I can't seem to find anything on the site that lets me cancel it
???

Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hmmmmmm..... never had any problems with paypal at all since I joined them 2 years ago. I like the instant money sending, and I can use it immediately. Never had problems extracting money too. I don't know what to say other than good things about them.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
ATLimaging said:
How do I cancel my Paypal account? I can't seem to find anything on the site that lets me cancel it
???

Thanks
I think I am with you on this one.... I dont like what I have heard and read in the past two days... not that no paypal is a big inconvenience or anything, but they dont seem trustworthy. I would also like to find out how to cancel.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
common sense tells you not to make large transactions online. I've made over 100 transactions over with paypal for auctions on ebay over the last 2 years, but all of them were small items. I haven't had any problems yet. I like it cuz it's really convient for paying for auctions.

·
Registered
689 Posts
that SUCKS!

WOW.

you know, even if you wanted to prevent these horrible things from happening to you, it appears that closing your paypal account will only do you so good...

they ALREADY:eek: have your checking account information and your credit card info ...i suppose a better route would be to cancel all credit cards which they have "access" to, and change bank accounts so prevent them from abusing your finances.

This should bring legendMS's attention, as he uses Paypal (only??) to do his buisness by. I hope this doesn't affect the group buy.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i canceled my paypal account after they refused to do anything when i got ripped off. fraud protection my azz. they said cus he sent me "something," its not fraud or something. weak

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On the paypalwarning.com website, under "Wall of Shame" there is a post about cancelling your account. Seems like it's dated 1/29 or so and I think you have to go to your profile in the My Account section of PayPal. They don't make it easy to find for obvious reasons----

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
wow, thanks for that information. I had a similar problem once where they said i had to fax them some papers in order for me to receive money that someone sent me and every since then I have not used them but thanks to this article, I will be closing my paypal account.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts