Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna change my interior bulbs for some blue bulbs but wanna know what kind of bulbs do I need and how many?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not too sure exactly what the sizes are but you can figure that out by just taking the original bulbs out and the size should be on there. I'm planning to do the same thing soon, with the blue lights. It's gonna look damn nice... especially the way it fades....

·
Registered
604 Posts
Are the G1 interior bulbs the same as later models of the Legend? I wanted to do the same thing. I've looked at a few local car places but haven't found the correct size. You can prolly get them online if you know what they are. At least in my car the bulbs for the dome and the step/courtesy are the same. You can access both of these just using a screwdriver to pry off the plates. The bulbs only say 12V 5W as I remeber. I think you need to get the length of the bulb to find the correct replacement. Lemme know if you find the bulb type.

'90 LS coupe

20% tint
Custom mesh grill
Custom clear bumper signals
Kenwood 10 Disc CD
Interior 10' sound activated neon x 2
Hyperwhite 55w driving lights
166,000 miles

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would be careful when getting new bulbs for the interior of the car cuz I just got some for the doors about two or three months ago and two of them already went out. This really pissed me off cuz i paid like 10 bucks for each of them. The ones I got were the ones in the orange or red packaging with the japanese writing on them. I guess I might have just had some bad luck, but if I were to do it again, I'd try to find a different kind. They do look good when you install them though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Triton3K said:
I wanna change my interior bulbs for some blue bulbs but wanna know what kind of bulbs do I need and how many?
They r 194's, 197 might work, but not sure. Just do me a favor don't get the ones @ Kragen made by " Victor " They a POS lol. But for 2 bucks wot do u expect right lmao!. The color said blue but they came out to a color like like bluish, not dark or neon blue. U can try them, myb u'll like the color. u can always return them.

I'm gonna buy some polargs from autodynamics, they r 8 bucks but I think they r the ones I want. Good luck and let us know how it comes out.

Latin..............................

·
Registered
604 Posts
Here is a link to a site that has every bulb size in the car. This is for a '90 Legend but you can find any car. I've looked on Ebay and found some bulbs made by Eurolite for 2.99 a pair(colored) and and like 6.99 for a hyperwhite pair. (Eurolite are decent bulbs for a good price. I've had them for my front corners.) The size on these bulbs is 3022 which is different from what Sylvian said the replacement type was. They look like they will fit but I think they may have a different wattage. That shouldn't be a problem. The front corners take a 168 stock but will take a 194 bulb.

http://www.sylvania.com/bin/carApp/...=Acura&year=&year=1990&model=Legend&x=29&y=12

'90 LS coupe

20% tint
Custom mesh grill
Custom clear bumper signals
Kenwood 10 Disc CD
Interior 10" sound activated neon x 2
Hyperwhite 55w driving lights
166,000 miles

·
Registered
120 Posts
interior bulbs

I reccommend PIAA bulbs. The ones I ordered are a little smaller than the standard, but they are awesome. I got mine from Options Auto Salon for $10 a pair.

They are 10W bulbs, but they light up the interior like it's daylight! Plus they have a very slight blue tint. Matches perfect with the dash lights and looks good with the interior (mines charcoal).:cool:

As for how many, that's up to you, I would suggest you buy 1 pair and try them in your dome lights first. Replace the door/courtesy lights if you like the look. I did because I got didn't like looking at two different lights (dull and yellow in the doors and bright and blue in the domes)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Is the "Fade" effect part of the actual electronics or are they the bulbs that cause this?

I ask because my friend as an older 200SX, he liked the fade effect and took a bulb off a later model Nissan, and now his fades too..?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts