Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you close the door, the lights in the interior begin to fade slowly, until they completely go out. This is a very cool effect, now for my question:

Are the bulbs the ones that actually cause the "fade out" effect or is it the actual wiring system of the Legend? Because one of my friends put in a bulb in his older Nissan 240SX (84), and it now has the fade effect too. Did he have a special a bulb?

If I change out my interior bulbs to hyper white, will I lose my fade effect? Or do Legends have this simply built into the wiring?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
When you close the door, the lights in the interior begin to fade slowly, until they completely go out. This is a very cool effect, now for my question:

Are the bulbs the ones that actually cause the "fade out" effect or is it the actual wiring system of the Legend? Because one of my friends put in a bulb in his older Nissan 240SX (84), and it now has the fade effect too. Did he have a special a bulb?

If I change out my interior bulbs to hyper white, will I lose my fade effect? Or do Legends have this simply built into the wiring?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure it's the wiring, bulbs shouldn't be able to do that, unless it has capacitors built into it or something.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Did he have a special a bulb?

Thanks
1. Specials bulbs ? NO. Quite normal bulbs !!!
2. Fade effect: This is controlled via Main Control Unit. This unit is loc under the dash panel.

Mike / Cologne (Germany)

·
Registered
449 Posts
This option is only available for the LS/GS of all G2 I think. My LS had it but my L doesn't. Some aftermarket alarms have the dorme light supervision that allow interior lights to dim slowly. That's why I bought my alarm. :D

·
Old S*hool Member
2,218 Posts
Is there any way to add this feature to a G2 L?? Perhaps swap in whatever part that controls this feature on the LS/GS??

MikeD said this was controlled by the main control unit - is it a specific part in the main control unit that is dif in the L and LS/GS? or would one have to swap the whole unit? and if so would that be a big/expensive job??

Maybe someone with a helms manual might be able to pinpoint the difference in the L vs LS that provides this feature??

I would love to add this effect to my car (91L Sedan). Any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i got 91 L and i don't have it but my friend have 94 and he have it
is thaer any way to do this for legend without fade light ?

thanX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts