Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been having problems with radio in my 90L for about 8 months:

first, it would stop working occasionally while driving at highway speed for more than an hour, like it was overheating or something. if i turned it off for a while then it would work fine.

then it also started turning off suddenly during city driving, usually coming right back on

now it works only occasionally when i start the car. many times it's just dead. then, sometimes after driving for 15-20 minutes, it suddenly comes on. a few times, it wouldn't work when i started the car, but turned on after about 1-3 minutes. other times, i can drive an hour and it never comes on.

ideas?

if if makes a difference, i don't think it's the original radio. it's an alpine system with a cd changer in the trunk.

· Registered
821 Posts
Electronics like to die from heat and moisture but it sounds to me like you might have a bad power or ground to that deck...i would try it in another car if possible, or hook it directly up to a 12v source (you'll have to connect both contant and switched 12+ and the ground to a battery...be careful)
if it has overheated quite a few times that may have killed it.

BP

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
update - after it didn't work at all for about 3 days, i accidentally discovered last night that if i turn the key to the "on" position without starting the car and wait a few seconds, the stereo will come on, and then if i start the car after that it will work most of the time (sometimes it takes a couple tries, but using this method it has always turned on eventually). it seems that it will alway comes on when i turn the key, but then the problem seems to be after i start the car. would that still mean it's dying or that there's a loose connection somewhere?

· Registered
234 Posts
There is probably a loose connection some where. just take out the radio and test the continuity between all the wires on the harness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.