Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have any idea how you can hook up an ipod directly to the stock bose premiuim head unit? if so, let me in on some info on how u can do it.

thanks

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i would actually like some kind of wire running from the back of the head unit to the front maybe through the ash tray....i dont want some cheesy wire running from the casette player to my ipod, but thanks anyways

· 805 YO
459 Posts
Go through the RCA audio in on the back for the CD changer. I've heard of people doing that and was planning on it myself.

· Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the easiest would be rca...running rca all the way from the changer might be kinda hard...and as for DIN im not sure what that is

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
s55lear said:
the easiest would be rca...running rca all the way from the changer might be kinda hard...and as for DIN im not sure what that is
A DIN cable is that round plug with 6 or 7 prongs in side it. See the picture you posted in your other thread. Its the big round plug.

Yes there are no RCA on the factory stereo.

· Registered
3,012 Posts
Koji_H said:
OK I've put together a photo tutorial of the installation of an iPod in my NSX. The Legend installation is going to be very much the same with the exception of the Panavise mounting bracket.

Before we continue I would like to add that I have since modified my installation to use this DIN to RCA conversion box by USA Spec sold at CircuitCity stores for appox $50.

This box allows you to connect up to 2 stereo RCA inputs to the factory head unit through the CD changer cable input on the back (the CD changer must be disconnected). The audio quality is as good as you would get through the CD changer input. Selecting an input is as easy as selecting CD 6 on the head unit and either track 1 or track 2 depending on the input you want to use on the USA Spec box.

Here's the rest of the tutorial click here for the tutorial on LEGENDtuner.com
Didn't you have to buy some sort of impedence modifier Koji? I remember that thread from a few years back where you were getting alternator whine....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.