Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing an iPod cable (to a OEM or a aftermarket HU), where is the best place to put the connected iPod?

In my G1, I had the cable ending in the center armrest. But there is a label in the G2 that says that a hole should not be drilled in the armrest (or something like that).

Sorry if this has been asked before.

·
Registered
117 Posts
My car came with a factory car phone in the arm rest and a hole was drilled in the front of the arm rest storage box to run the wires. I removed the phone years ago...but when I installed my Ipod interface I just utilized that same hole to tun the Ipod wires. I don't see why you couldn't drill a small hole for running the wire.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
^ In answer to your sig, Diaz broke his damn leg in 3 places and has a level 3 concussion from an ATV wreck so your stuff is probably not a priority right now. One thing I know about Mike is that he will make it right eventually.

I'm REALLY getting sick of the accusatory sigs I keep seeing. It's juvenile. You got a bitch with someone, take it to PM or email.

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
9,934 Posts
if you need to use the ipod while its playing and while your driving the ash tray is THE best placement plus it retracts. if you dont need to use the ipod while it plays i suggest hiding it so you dont need to hid it when you park

also where in pheonixville are you ???i live off rt113

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already put it in the armrest. Had it done by some super clean professionals last time (in Upper Darby) and they did a great job. It was very expensive and when my G1 was totaled and I was only able to save the subwoofer, I decided that I would upgrade this G2 on the cheap. Well, the guys that I went to in Pottstown were cheap. Instead of drilling a hole in the floor or the armrest, they cut out a rather large corner and then covered the entire bottom surface with a piece of adhesive cloth. Ouch. Oh yeah, they didn't put the console back right. (The long plastic cover that extends from the dash to the armrest is sticking up on one side.)

Still, the used Alpine 9857 deck works like a charm and the inexpensive Kenwood 690 6x9's sound great.

Go Phoenixville. I live on 113 on the North Side. That bridge closure is quite a headache!!!!!

·
Registered
8,258 Posts
that car phone hole center console is there on all cars, its just harder to find on some and you can just pop the cover off and use the hole.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts