Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody had installed Iridium Spark Plugs in their Legend. My friend who put Iridium Plugs in his '00 Accord said that that it helped his low end torque significantly. I was planning on buying Denso Iridium Spark Plugs, in which the manufacturer claims a 5-10 hp gain. Has anybody put Iridium Spark Plugs in their Legends? If so..did you notice a difference in performance? and where did you buy them and for how much? Sorry for the long post. Thanks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've not used them, but my thinking has always been that if a plug ignites the air/fuel mixture, then it's done it's job. Better plugs sometimes have a positive effect on older vehicles with inefficient head designs, but any gains on a newer car can usually be attributed to the fact that the plugs that were removed were not new.
Jim

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Trust me, just use Champions! My Lawnmower uses them!

j/k!

The NGK R's are really going to be your best bet, because you aren't running higher compression, ignition, or forced induction...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still heard that Densos are the best plugs you can buy.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I posted a good bit on the denso irridiums - which BTW - my skirt paid for.

I will say this... before I did the weapon r, stage II chip, and remus....

I did the denso irridiums and I felt a difference - not in performance but in how the engine seemed to smooth out a bit. Other people have talked about the same thing and I even think it is on the denso site - and for me - it was true because I am anal. Enough to the point where I installed NGK platinums for two weeks and decided to switch back to Denso's. So when i did the second install, AGAIN, I felt the same thing - the engine idle smoothed out a bit.

KNLNGUS

PS. Denso's are expensive - BUT - when do we have to change them out again... think about that when you contemplate copper - especially when irridium has properties which exceed platinum (which btw - for all out there who adore copper - platinum is better than copper). Not that the NGK platinums and or irridiums don't have copper up in them (haven't researched that) but the tip is the last point where the electrical contact is made with the negative. No carbon buildup vs copper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts