Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a decent deal on a jack and stand kit. They have a 2 1/4 ton kit on sale here. The brand is Motomaster (well known Canadian value brand) and it has gotten decent reviews. I don't need it to do anything major, just to lift the car to change the tires at the beginning of spring and end of fall (on 3 cars). I won't be getting under the car to change any oils as my mechanic charges me $10 labour to change fluids. I was wondering if a 2 1/4 ton capacity is sufficient.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
i've also been looking. I had a 4 ton that served our family for like 10 years but it just won't keep a car in the air anymore. I really want one of those sexy aluminum ones, but they're pretty expensive :(

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,685 Posts
the one on sale at cnd tire.. my friend got it. he said that specific one that was on sale was kinda iffy and didnt feel safe using it.. but i mean.. if u have jackstands to support it.. it should be good.

·
Registered
292 Posts
also watch princess auto they have some ok stuff

2.5 tons is fine ive had my willys jeep on 4 of them for 3 years Ive been "driving it" on them for the last month (working out the bugs and finding the leaks BEFORE i drive it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.