Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask because I just called this place and they wanted $300!!!! Just in labor. I just bought a set of dimpled/slotted rotors and PBR MM pads from Mr. Wood and now I have to put them on. I've never done the job before, but I do have the Helms service manual :D....just curious, I may undertake the job myself.

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
It's pretty straight forward. Definately not $300 worth of difficult. :)

Only special tool you will need is an impact screw driver.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips. I'm actually going to get my brother to help me do the job and he's done brakes before. I'm too broke right now to pay someone else to do the job :(. I could use that $300 towards HIDs :D.

Oh, G Rahn...I assume you mean the bolts to the strut bar/brace that goes across the engine bay? What, do I just remove two of the bolts and use those to thread them through the empty holes in the rotor to get them off?

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The procedure is outlined in the HELM. Instead of R&I bolts from the strut tower brace, just buy two 8mm x 1" from the hardware store and add them to your toolbox. You should consider buying one or two of the 6mm retaining screws. They initially are hard to remove and you could damage one. Better to have and not need, than need and not have. This is a easy DIY repair, esp if you have the HELM.

G

·
Yeah, I have two friends that are going to help me. One of my friends has a lift at his house and all the right tools, and the other has experience doing brakes. Pay for labor ;) lol, all you need to do is hook up your friends with a couple 6 packs.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Yeah, I have two friends that are going to help me. One of my friends has a lift at his house and all the right tools, and the other has experience doing brakes. Pay for labor ;) lol, all you need to do is hook up your friends with a couple 6 packs.
you lucky mofo. if i had some friends w/ a lift i would get my head gaskets changed in. but i dont so hmph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts