Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Matthew is THE USER!
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do so many people act like they have sticks shoved up their asses. People are so defensive these days. Nobody can take a joke.
This is more of a mini vent than anything, I was looking at pictures of a friends car and was putting some comments on his page, ex. "nice car" + "need to lower" + "need bigger tires" etc etc. simple stuff.. but some girls and some loser guys I guess took it as disses.......
I would have continued the arguement, but I have better things to do with my time... i was suprised because there were 5 people at least who thought I was dissing his car, then they all started smack talking..

F**KING LOSERS

:wtf:

btw, hes suuping up his Toyota Matrix..
not very fond of the car... prior to that he had a riced suuped Corolla CE.. iuno what he was thinking when he did that.. but w.e
I mentioned that if he liked toyota so much, he should have just spent his money on an IS300-350 or something, someone actually had the balls to say F**K the IS, the Matrix is better, and "F**K you and your four door family car" ..... that last one.. i dont get... isnt the matrix like a friggin family wagon? lol

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
Yea dude...their own feelings of inadequacy make them lash out at you as a way of making themselves feel better I guess?

·
Banned
2,425 Posts
I mentioned that if he liked toyota so much, he should have just spent his money on an IS300-350 or something, someone actually had the balls to say F**K the IS, the Matrix is better, and "F**K you and your four door family car" ..... that last one.. i dont get... isnt the matrix like a friggin family wagon? lol
people only say things like this when they can't afford it..... ANY lexus > ANY toyota anyday of the week...

if you can't afford it, you're gonna hate on it.....people just can't handle reality and I am one who always loves to give people the reality checks they need....

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
922 Posts
btw, hes suuping up his Toyota Matrix..
not very fond of the car... prior to that he had a riced suuped Corolla CE.. iuno what he was thinking when he did that.. but w.e
Keep in mind, some people are writing checks every month for their particular POS. Remember what they say about trash and treasure. Of course it is false economy to buy a cheap car and TRY to make it special. Couple grand on wheels, couple grand on stereo, body kit, blinking lights, etc. They could just do the smart thing and buy a nicer car.

Obviously the response 'F U and Your 4-door family car" is just screaming insecurity. Whenever I encounter statements like that from the Sport Compact crowd I always say things like, "What are you gonna do with that thing, did you come to cut my grass" or "Shouldn't you be delivering a pizza?"

It makes me smile even if they don't get it.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
I would have just said, "At least I don't drive a Matrix" Those cars are butt ugly.

·
makes his putts....
693 Posts
Here's a review I found online for the top-of-the-line 176hp Matrix:

On the Road
This is where things start to fall apart. The XRS' engine is a high-revving motor; to get maximum power, you need to work it right up to the redline. The problem is that the engine starts to buzz annoyingly at 2500 rpm. By 5000 RPM, it sounds as if parts are going to start breaking off and flying up through the hood. 7600 RPM, the point at which power starts to trail off, is an aural assault. I found myself shifting early--very early--just to keep the noise down. To its credit, the engine pulls nicely at low RPMs no matter what gear you're in, even if you're not getting all the horsepower you paid for. With with six closely-spaced gears, I had to do a lot of shifting, not a particularly pleasant task thanks to the odd, clunky feel of the shifter. The clutch gives almost no feedback, making it easy to rev too high or stall and difficult to upshift smoothly. In stop-and-go traffic, driving the XRS borders on misery. Girlfriend Robin put it best: "Fast cars should be smooth. This one isn't." To add insult to injury, the XRS requires premium fuel. As much as I like stick-shifts, I'd skip the high-powered XRS and go for the all-wheel-drive automatic version.

Pretty much a joke..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts