Acura Legend Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Nope... a few years ago, Carfax made it clear in their TOS that any CF account holder wasn't allowed to use their account to run checks for non-members. After this, they started lurking around car forums, and a bunch of people on multiple forums who were caught running publically posted VINs through Carfax had their accounts cancelled. I believe both Hass and Mastervtec here had that happen to them for running requests for us.

Since then, we stopped allowing it, both to keep from violating Carfax's TOS and to keep members from having their paid Carfax accounts cancelled.

All CF requests have to be deleted/locked, and the VIN removed from the post so CF doesn't penalize anyone for checking it.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope... a few years ago, Carfax made it clear in their TOS that any CF account holder wasn't allowed to use their account to run checks for non-members. After this, they started lurking around car forums, and a bunch of people on multiple forums who were caught running publically posted VINs through Carfax had their accounts cancelled. I believe both Hass and Mastervtec here had that happen to them for running requests for us.

Since then, we stopped allowing it, both to keep from violating Carfax's TOS and to keep members from having their paid Carfax accounts cancelled.

All CF requests have to be deleted/locked, and the VIN removed from the post so CF doesn't penalize anyone for checking it.
Thanks for the concise detailed explanation.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Thanks for the concise detailed explanation.
also in for 3030 radio

Just as a side note, one of the things I have seen on other forums is for members to ask like this

"I have been thinking about buying a new car, but before I do, I think I would like to run a carfax on the vehicle. If anyone has any experience with carfax, please send me a PM and let me know how well their service works. Thanks"

Someone who is currently subscribed will pm you and go from there. Then the VIN doesn't get posted publicly so carfax cannot trace the person running the check for you. Just thought I would mention that. ;)

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also in for 3030 radio

Just as a side note, one of the things I have seen on other forums is for members to ask like this

"I have been thinking about buying a new car, but before I do, I think I would like to run a carfax on the vehicle. If anyone has any experience with carfax, please send me a PM and let me know how well their service works. Thanks"

Someone who is currently subscribed will pm you and go from there. Then the VIN doesn't get posted publicly so carfax cannot trace the person running the check for you. Just thought I would mention that. ;)
lol, what's w/ pedobear in ur av? LOL

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No prob, I didn't know if you were still around when that happened... if not, i figured you should know why anyway lol.

And you know a couple of us are still waiting for 3030 radio to come back up :lol: :thumbsup:
Yea , I've been so out of the loop, I'm finding out about all new parts and all new rules and stuff. LOL

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
lol, what's w/ pedobear in ur av? LOL
I always aim for new and sometimes disturbing avatars. I had one from no country for old men, jules from pulp fiction, and kobe with the "rapers" jersey on. I try to alternate avs fairly often. And I find the internet pedobear fascination hilarious. There was another forum i used to frequent where one of the members made pedobear graphics and people were sticking them on things as a contest. Just made me laugh. So I decided on a pedobear av.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always aim for new and sometimes disturbing avatars. I had one from no country for old men, jules from pulp fiction, and kobe with the "rapers" jersey on. I try to alternate avs fairly often. And I find the internet pedobear fascination hilarious. There was another forum i used to frequent where one of the members made pedobear graphics and people were sticking them on things as a contest. Just made me laugh. So I decided on a pedobear av.
Was this OT? I'm a member of OT as well. LOL

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, i used to post on there quite a bit, but since you are now required to have a sub, and mine ran out, i dont get on much. I have seen you post there.
Ah, I love that. I still have a sub til like May 5th. I'm thinking of renewing, there's nothing like that site at all on the whole interwebz.

·
Premium Member
9,575 Posts
Why are you monkeys looking to enforce CARFAX policies?
Are you on their payroll?
1, its a legal issue, just incase Carfax's legal department decides to bitch about our forum allowing members to violate their TOS.

2, its to help keep our members from having their CF accounts locked for trying to be nice and help somebody else out. If you're gonna do it, keep it to PM so nobody else knows about it.

Do yourself a favor, and stop being a troll.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.