Acura Legend Forum banner

Is it worth swapping a typeII manifold?

3K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  Kenso 
#1 ·
I have heard good things about swapping a typeII intake manifold in place of my typeI. Is it worth the extra gain and how much? What else do i need to get to do this swap? Also, If i decied to do this mod, how much should i pay for a typeII intake manifold?
Thanks
Jeff

#3 ·
stella91legend said:
I have heard good things about swapping a typeII intake manifold in place of my typeI. Is it worth the extra gain and how much? What else do i need to get to do this swap? Also, If i decied to do this mod, how much should i pay for a typeII intake manifold?
Thanks
Jeff
If your mechanically inclined and plan on keeping your Legend for a while, then yes. if not no, its not that big of a gain unless you have it P&P too.

~TRu Hybird

#4 ·
Dv8 said:
If your mechanically inclined and plan on keeping your Legend for a while, then yes. if not no, its not that big of a gain unless you have it P&P too.

~TRu Hybird
Really. so if i p&p my typeI manifold i would get the same results?
also, how much should i spend on one, TypeII that is.
Also, what kind of gain would this give me???
Jeff

#6 ·
stella91legend said:
Really. so if i p&p my typeI manifold i would get the same results?
Jeff
No.

stella91legend said:
how much should i spend on one, TypeII that is.
Also, what kind of gain would this give me???
Jeff
$150-200.

7hp peak, 25hp at 6000-6500 rpm-based on my dyno results. Everyone likes to talk about peak hp, but you have to consider overall hp as well. Hp before and after peak is just as important. Looking at my dyno, this mod lost hp between 4-5k, and made power everywhere else. 20-25 hp gains at 6k seems like a no-brainer to me. If you're drag racing, this is where you're going to spend a lot of your time. And if you're driving around town below 4k rpm, you enjoy gains there as well. Best $200 you can spend on a Type 1 performance mod in my opinion. Cost based on being able to install it yourself like DV8 said.

#12 ·
I got the Type II manifold on Ebay. Great price. Thanks for falling asleep bl420. I have been trying to get one for a long time. The last one I was going to buy went for $50 on ebay and I was about 2 sec. too late. I guess I wasn't meant to get that one because a better deal was heading my way.

I am going to port and polish it. I have a Type I ported and polished and it will be cool to see the difference in hp gains between a Type I and II both ported and polished.

#15 ·
hotlavaflow said:
Seriously is there that big a difference between the the Type I & Type II intake manifold that you couldn't get them to the same specs with a P&P?
It's the overall design of the manifold that makes the Type 2 the better one. P&P would help the type 1 some, but you would never equal the type 2 manifold due to the intake runner setup.

#16 ·
#17 ·
Grundle said:
i got my type 2 intake and exhaust manifolds for 20 bux total. i havent gotten them installed yet. waiting for a blown headgasket (coming soon), then swapping those and looking for type 2 heads right now.
Hey, that guy that I mentioned in the thread above? He has the heads. He was going to sell them to me DIRT CHEAP (like $70+ shipping for BOTH), but I decided against it since everyone said it'd be better to install a low mileage JDM Type II when the time comes. You SERIOUSLY need to contact him.

#18 ·
whats77inaname said:
Hey, that guy that I mentioned in the thread above? He has the heads. He was going to sell them to me DIRT CHEAP (like $70+ shipping for BOTH), but I decided against it since everyone said it'd be better to install a low mileage JDM Type II when the time comes. You SERIOUSLY need to contact him.
who is he and how can i contact him. where does he live etc. this would be perfect. why is he selling for so low? are they damaged?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.