Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this mesh grill off ebay and it doesn't seem to fit right. It was cut for a 94 and fits 93, 92, and 91. Is there a diff between the styling of grills?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:
sedan and coupe are totally different

sedan is wider, plus different shape
I think he was talking about (perhaps), the differences between the body / bumpers from 91-93 as opposed to the 94-95..

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Other than the differnce between Sedan and Coupe, there is no difference from 91-95 years. I also got the one of Ebay from the guy in Canada. While it was a close fit, I still had to trim it a little to fit my grill. Remember, the guy is mass producing them, so the cut may be slightly off from cut to cut. Either way, I took about 5 minuts with my dremel tool to trim it to fit my grill well, and that was it.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
ChrisK said:
Other than the differnce between Sedan and Coupe, there is no difference from 91-95 years. I also got the one of Ebay from the guy in Canada. While it was a close fit, I still had to trim it a little to fit my grill. Remember, the guy is mass producing them, so the cut may be slightly off from cut to cut. Either way, I took about 5 minuts with my dremel tool to trim it to fit my grill well, and that was it.
Actually I found out that the gold trim grille and the chrome trim grille and the GS body colored grille are designed differently. The difference is in the black peice that's in behind it, I've had all 3 and as far as I'm concerned, the GS grille is interchangable with the chrome grille, but they're not interchangable with the gold trim grille. The opening in the middle is slightly larger in the gold grille too. I'm only refering to Sedans

I think the coupe had identical grilles throughout the years

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
If you're talking about the sedan, yes, there is a difference.

The difference is the emblem. In '94 and '95, the grille was designed without the raised platform for the Acura emblem. So, if the mesh was cut for a '94 L or LS sedan, you would have to cut a hole in the middle to fit the raised section with the emblem to fit all '91-'93 sedans and '94 and '95 GS sedans ('94 and '95 GS sedans use the same style grilles as the '91-'93 sedans; except that they're painted.)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 1995 4dr sedan. And the problem with the grill is that it is too small not too big. I am thinking that there are two types of grills flush grills (the type mine has) and inset grills (like the type in most pictures.) The main problems i am having with the grill isone it's too small and two it does not stay on the car (there is no problem with the emblem because the grill already has the right size hole.) I got it from the same guy in Canada.

·
GS Hog
7,043 Posts
Do you have a digital camera that you can take pictures to illustrate your problem?

If it's too small, and all else being correct, then he may have simply cut it too small..... OR, he actually sent you one for the coupe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts