Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a tear drop lingering down my right cheek at the pump for a full tank, my gas bar goes beyond the F bar, which is great! Furthermore, about 50-53 miles in while driving the gas bar stays them same and then Abra-Cadabra, my gas indicator plummets two gas bar towards the half way mark and then continue to decreases normally. any idea? My car is shallowing gas like a cheap hooker..at the rate im paying, this hooker is expensive..btw...i get about 210 a tank which is improvement from 200..yay~!

·
SGM / Type F
3,653 Posts
This sounds to be an issue with either the float setup or the fuel level sending unity (right next to the pump). There's info in the scans I posted in your fuel pump thread (specifically page 2):

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f4/fuel-pump-diy-120023/

There's more info in the HELM manual too.

Personally, if I'm interpreting your post right, 50 miles before the first drop in your gauge needle is not that abnormal due to the inaccurate analog system our cars have for the gas gauge. The float is probably staying up due to vapor/pressure in the tank which once relieved from a certain amount f fuel being consumed causes the float to 'drop' and the needle to suddenly move two 'notches' on the gauge. I would still follow the procedures to test the sending unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts