Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any other place beside A&H Motorsport to cheaper cases of Honda oil filters?

THey want more than $70!
I think thats a little too steep, it kind of makes me just want to stay with a Autozone or Advanced Autoparts type brand oil filter like Puraltor, Fram, etc....
what do you think!
thanks

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Yep, definately check Acura of Augusta, they have everything you need for the lowest price and they have a very good customer relationship with the Legend community. Their number is 800-736-6818, you can speak to Jason, Joe or Lisa and just let them know your from the Legend Forums.

·
Registered
744 Posts
FutureX 2001, you have the right idea cause... For our application, I doubt it.

Many people believe that OE stuff comes from (the same) single assembly line somewhere deep within Japan. Trust me when I say that all the manufacturers MASS procure (not produce) many parts from various sources. There isn't one big (or many) HONDA plant(s) producing every part for its vehicles. The parts are procured to specs.

OH, BTW - before I forgt, someone mentioned running at like 4500rpm at 100mph before they did a rebuild. I don't know if this is necessarily good or bad - but I'm at 3300 at 100mph (95 LS 6spd w/ 134k)

KNLNGUS

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
FutureX 2001 said:
Is there a big difference from the Honda filters and the ones such as FRAM?
step away from the FRAM.
I read a report on filters...and the Fram didn't fare too well...I recall something of it not filtering as well, plus the element disintegrating.

This experiment was done by an "unbiased" gentleman doing an FAQ on filters...he was with a Prelude Club of some sorts..but the article included pics and a lot of interesting information. I am sure someone on here remembers this discussion...please help if you do..I will see if I can find it later, Future

·
Registered
744 Posts
Interesting - I wouldn't mind reading that info LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe.

In my time I have read a few articles and even one that blasted WIX filters. Here is the funny part - many owners in nascar run WIX filters and wix uses the same filter element in their street filters. WIX makes filters for many of the OE auto manufacturers.

BTW - I have used fram, oe, wix - thats about it. Maybe one or two no name brand filters when I was in a bind.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Just got done reading the links. DAMN, impressive I must say. Alot of time when into that study. I will say that I did not like reading about the OE filter media looking MUCH MUCH MUCH worse than FRAM - what the hell does that say for our OE applications! I didn't like reading about the cardboard end caps on the FRAM either. Hmm.

The last article I read from Car and Driver where they enlisted the help from a lab that uses HS806 testing procedures along with analysis of material and C&D top 5 ratings went like this..

AMSOIL
MOBIL
HARD DRIVER
HASTINGS
WIX

in that order and above all else.

KNLNGUS.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts