Acura Legend Forum banner

Is there anything wrong with owning a Non-Stainless Steel Muffler? (ie Remus)

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  asianlegend 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, it was brought to my attention by fellow forum member (Mike C) that the Remus is a non-stainless steel unit yet priced as high as $500-$600, while some other lower priced exhaust systems such as the stromung (stainless steel unit) is $425, and the non SS is $325, with higher quality, higher priced exhausts such as Remus and Stromung, is it a disadvantage to have a non-SS muffler? Are there any serious drawbacks to owning a non SS Remus or stromung?

#2 ·
The only advantage of SS is durability.

#3 ·
so how long would the remus last? can u be a bit more specific? with a muffler like remus which claims to be built to last, what would be the difference, seems like it comes down to looks...

#4 ·
no, I can't get specific because durability/corrosion resistance varies with each car and location.

#6 ·
what are our stock mufflers made of? Mine is holding up just fine aside from the color change, it looks black/brownish in color.

#7 ·
i think this pipes been on for maybe four or five years and all i can say is it looks like its the stock pipe but no rust, no nuthing. the car is from B-more. Snow, sleet, rain, heat, all the conditions and it still looks nice. Kind of brownish Black. Tips are in Excellent condition though.

like i said before i would buy another one just because its beautiful and WELL worth the money spent on it.

#9 ·
DONT BUY A NON SS!!!!!!! it will last you a few years...maybe 7-8 if youre lucky...whereas a stainless steel one will last you a million miles like borla guarantees!!!! or greddy or wahtever.....dont buy a NON SS unless you live in bangledesh...which means......dont buy a NON SS

#11 ·
DrDre1443 said:
DONT BUY A NON SS!!!!!!! it will last you a few years...maybe 7-8 if youre lucky...whereas a stainless steel one will last you a million miles like borla guarantees!!!! or greddy or wahtever.....dont buy a NON SS unless you live in bangledesh...which means......dont buy a NON SS
Hey, isn't our OEM mufflers the same material (non-stainless steel) as the Remus?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.