Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys it's about time for my 90,000 mile maintenance (interval indicator light turned yellow a couple days ago) and coincidentally i got a letter from my local acura dealer saying the same thing. rosenthal acura however, (the local dealer) has a horrible reputation and personally i haven't had very pleasant experience with them either so tehrefore i will be taking my car to Chevy Chase Acura which just opened recently; hopefully they will be much better. anyways, to my point...along with the 90,000 mile maintenance, i plan on asking them to fix various other things, i.e., speed sensor, ABS pump, replacing fender liners, fix the auto window motor, flush tranny fluid, oil change, etc. all in all including the price of the original maintenance, anyone know what kinda figure i'm looking at here? ballpark is fine but what would it be...over $2k? i'm thinking possibly, someone help me out, thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Cost for the T-belt replacement is around $1,500. You should also consider replacing the H20 pump, pretensioner, cam seals, any cover seals which are damaged, the drive belts, and I would install a new crank angle sensor. A new ABS pump is over $800. The VSS is around $100, the Master Switch is around $240. Then add for labor. The estimate is probably over $3,000.
You can replace the VSS and the Fender Splash Shields yourself. Find an independent to perform fluid changes.

Buy a HELM and begin the process of learning to perform owner preventative maintenance.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
LPB said:
Cost for the T-belt replacement is around $1,500.
WHAT ????? T Belt replacemant 1500 bucks ???

I always thought, that Germany have incredible prices ! But 1500 bucks for a simple replacement ? Oh jesus...
Every workshop can change your belt, certainly less like 1500$ !!!
Honda dealer in Germany wants 750 bucks ! (incl. 16% tax) !!!

Really incredible !!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
no way t-belt is $1500
unless your paying a different currency. i have a quote from my dealer in florida for under $500 for t-belt and drive belts. your dealer must be billionaires.
wow
i need to open an acura service department in your neigborhood. wow ill retire at 24 and im only 23 now.

·
Yaozer *n *he A*k
310 Posts
Sounds like somebody got ripped hard on the Timing belt job. Dealer in Houston quote for that job is $800US so I said hell with that, thus which I just took mine to a local Honda/Acura specialty shop to have them do it for $350US/labor install on timing belt/h2o pump if I got my own parts, so I got my tbelt and waterpump from Augusta Acura for around $200 i think.

·
EDM Honda Legend Coupe
4,471 Posts
mr29rose said:
no way t-belt is $1500
unless your paying a different currency
...yes, but remember, that Germany have since January the new currency, called "Euro". And this currency have approx. the same course in US Dollar !!!

Mike

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Ok, so shoot the messenger for $500. Having many, many yrs of auto repair experience, I can only STRONGLY suggest that if you are to replace an Asian vehicle timing belt, you need to replace the H20 pump, pretensioner, any seals (and in fact anything under the covers) as it is the labor in gaining access to these parts which will cost you. Performing a DIY is another matter. The bottom line is that in response to this posting, the cost will most probably be over $2,000 for the listed work.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
It will definitely get up there, probably be more than 2K.
I had the 90K service done, Timing belt/water pump package done, all drive belts changed, rear tranny mount, antennae mast, inner tie rods changed, and a couple of other smaller things done for about $1700.

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Ok, i just had t-belt, waterpump, tensioners, and an oil change and tranny drain for about 830, here in OK at the only dealership in town. It cant be that much more. Rear tranny mount, inner tie rods and window motor and Vss will probably run you to a grand total of somewhere between 1500 and 2000, at the ack dealership. you can probably have it done at a honda shop for 1000 to 1500. "thats my 10 cents my 2 cents is free."

peace
T

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.