Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Dont the 90 to 93 accord V6s have the same 2.7 in them as the legends. My aunt hase one and I think its the same engine, it looked the same.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Actually the 2.7 V6 Engine found in the G1 Legend was used again in the:

1995-1997 Honda Accord V6 with an additional 9HP out of it (170HP vs 161HP) not sure why that was.

It was used in the Sterling 827, and even in some of the Land Rovers. It's a good engine, not very high output compared to today's standard, but for something out of the 80s, it's great!

Hey Leon, sell the Accord, buy a G1, you're missing out man, the G1 Coupe is a sweet car, I couldn't part with it, my parents still have it... and the STEERING is EXCELLENT, I love that freakin' steering system, more than the G2s. That's a pretty big statement to say. I think most Americans couldn't adjust to the very precise steering hehe, the steering wheel would return almost all the way back very quickly. Most people who would drive it would tell me "this thing drives itself!"

:D

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Check out the Sterling 827 (With the same Engine on the Legend G1 Legend Coupe), made 88-91. Sterling was made by Rover, here's a pic of the Land Rovers also next to it. If you actually look @ one of these at a junkyard, you'll see it's the exact same engine, except the Honda logo is missing on the Engine.

Legend

Sterling

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Well, i've only heard about the bad dealer service for them. However, I know there were many people that claimed the car would jump into reverse and accelerate all of a sudden when started. I also recall a lady dedicating a website about it, it seems she claims her car an 88 Coupe I believe, started, and jumped itself into reverse and accelerated... but that was a Legend she was talking about while at the same time many people claim this to happen on the Sterling... and she claims it has occured to many more people, at least she says so on her site.

I have never heard of such a thing from a forum member however, or have ever experienced anything like that.

Now i'm left wondering, what the heck would cause something like that?

·
Registered
139 Posts
If I remember correctly there was an investigation into this matter and the only thing that was found was a problem with the ignition lock out. It was malfunctioning on some cars and would let the car start if it was in something other than park or neutral. What many people think happen, and I don't know if they ever made this official, was that the old lady forgot she had her car in reverse when she started it. So, of course, when the engine started it shot the car backward. As for the revving up, watch what your rpms do next time you start your car. Unfortunately the stupidity of some, a small problem, and a lot of media turned into the downfall of a car.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
Good question, I suppose if you can, it would have to be an Intake for the V6 Accord 97. Don't forget V6 is a higher trim for the Accord, they usually come with 4cyl. All V6 Accords are also Automatic.

·
Registered
846 Posts
My aunt had a 93 two door V6 accord, 5 speed. She cant remember what the exact size of the engine was, but I know she wouldnt buy anything but a v6 in any car. To tell you the truth it didnt feel like a V6, felt a lot more slugish.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
You sure it was a 93? I can't find any V6 Accords until 95..

95-97
Honda Accord V6 EX
2.7L 170 hp V6

in 98, it got a bigger engine, 3.0L 200HP

·
Registered
846 Posts
Im positive, it said v6 on it, in the same spot that it says V6 on the legends. I couldnt find any either, weird.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Chuck-Hu$tle said:
My aunt had a 93 two door V6 accord, 5 speed. She cant remember what the exact size of the engine was, but I know she wouldnt buy anything but a v6 in any car. To tell you the truth it didnt feel like a V6, felt a lot more slugish.
I don't think it was a V6 then. First of all, Honda never made the V6 for 93, it didn't come out until half way thru 95. Also the Accord V6 never came with 5spd, all of them were autos, just like the Accord V6s now.

probably someone slapped a V6 emblem onto a 93 accord :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts