Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of replacing my BHG, I'm almost done but the timing marks specially the one on the P/S camshaft is throwing me off. You know when you turn the camshaft to the #1 cyl it gets kind of hard to get there and if you turn it another 120 degrees it tends to get looseand hard and so forth well this one I had it on the mark and it doesn't get any slack it gets kind of hard to get it in the mark and if I turn it to the point where it gets some kind of slack (like a normal cam at #1 cyl) the timing mark is way off and obviously I tried too many ways to get my car started but no luck it turns over with the sound of timing off, is anybody familiar with it? :wtf:

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I'm in the middle of replacing my BHG, I'm almost done but the timing marks specially the one on the P/S camshaft is throwing me off. You know when you turn the camshaft to the #1 cyl it gets kind of hard to get there and if you turn it another 120 degrees it tends to get looseand hard and so forth well this one I had it on the mark and it doesn't get any slack it gets kind of hard to get it in the mark and if I turn it to the point where it gets some kind of slack (like a normal cam at #1 cyl) the timing mark is way off and obviously I tried too many ways to get my car started but no luck it turns over with the sound of timing off, is anybody familiar with it? :wtf:
Hmm not really if you get (all 3 of the) timing marks lined up and tighten your timing belt according to the service manual you should be fine

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
If your timing is off and you are turning it by hand and you feel alot of resistance it could be the pistons bending the valves.:( Don't do that.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Yes, if your timing is correct it will turn without damaging the valves.

There might be a little resistance when the valve springs are compressed but not much. If it's really hard to turn then it might be your valves interfering.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whrt I don't understand is why the head from the other side turns with normal resistance, does one from another work different?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I do I was told to turn the cranckshaft 1/4 either way. I'm gonna try to get it going today, Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts