Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing through the Legend Temple, and found this pic of John Lebo's 94 Coupe. He said that he was using Eibachs and Konis, but it just looked lower to me than what eibachs are supposed to look like. Does setting the Konis on the lowest perch help that much? Thanks you guys (I'm trying to decide between getting the Eibachs or H&R's right now).



Just for comparison here is one where the guy said that he had H&R's, looks to me like he had Konis too (a 92 coupe):


And here is my car right now (stock suspension):
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I understand that, and am planning on getting the Konis but do you think that that is really how low you can go with Eibachs + Konis!?!?!
 

·
Stiff Member
Joined
·
94 Posts
there is also a possibility he could have cut a few turns off the eibach springs. People do that alot even though Eibach says its "plain stupidity". Some of the people who have done it have no regrets at all infact say they love there rides even more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
It could get pretty low with Eibachs with the konis. Each perch setting on the Konis is about one finger gap difference.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Then do you think that the Eibachs are probably about 2 fingers gap? Cause if I could lower it 3 fingers that would be perfect :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
It sure looks like H&R's ... I have koni and H&R's and it looks pretty much like that. Also, the wheels and tire profile will change the look ... low profile tires will fool the eye, and those look pretty low profile.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #9
So does yours not look as low as the second one though... because I don't like the way the second one looks at all. I just wish that I could ask that guy what he did to get that drop because its exactly what I want.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
Here is mine ... note that with the 16" wheels, there is a lot more tire, but the overall drop is about the same. My setup is front top perch, rear bottom perch

 

·
I'm too sexy for my car
Joined
·
2,498 Posts
ScotcH said:
Here is mine ... note that with the 16" wheels, there is a lot more tire, but the overall drop is about the same. My setup is front top perch, rear bottom perch

Are you sure? It seems like its the opposite because if the front is on the top perch on the rear on the bottom perch, that'll look kinda funny.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.... and the only reason that it would seem to me that you would want the rear on the top perch with the front on the lowest perch would be because you have a huge system in the trunk... cause that's 1.5" higher in the rear, and his looks about even.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.... and the only reason that it would seem to me that you would want the rear on the top perch with the front on the lowest perch would be because you have a huge system in the trunk... cause that's 1.5" higher in the rear, and his looks about even.
Actually, I have the FRONT on the TOP and the REAR on the BOTTOM. The front on the lower perch was way too low (major bottoming). The rear is on the lowest because otherwise it looks like it's doing a nose dive all the time.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Bottoming out with Koni's and H&R's.... I've never heard of that. Was that just because you didn't have the Konis set stiff enough????

Are the Konis to stiff if you set them on the stiffest setting. For a good sporty ride what should I set them on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Bottoming out with Koni's and H&R's.... I've never heard of that. Was that just because you didn't have the Konis set stiff enough????

Are the Konis to stiff if you set them on the stiffest setting. For a good sporty ride what should I set them on?
I have them set half way (don't remember how many turns). When I had them on the lowest perch, every big bump would cause a massive clunck. And, yes, I did cut the bumpstops in half. I moved them to the upper perch, and the ride, look, and feel is great. At half, they're stiffer than stock, but not bone jarring. I'll probably try them on full hard this summer, just to see what it's like.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Oh well, H&R's sound just to low for me... I'm just gonna end up doing Eibachs/Koni. It should still give me the improved handling and more agressive look that I want. Thanks for the help.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top