Acura Legend Forum banner

Is this pic with Eibachs and Konis?

3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
I was browsing through the Legend Temple, and found this pic of John Lebo's 94 Coupe. He said that he was using Eibachs and Konis, but it just looked lower to me than what eibachs are supposed to look like. Does setting the Konis on the lowest perch help that much? Thanks you guys (I'm trying to decide between getting the Eibachs or H&R's right now).

Just for comparison here is one where the guy said that he had H&R's, looks to me like he had Konis too (a 92 coupe):

And here is my car right now (stock suspension):

See less See more
#6 ·
It could get pretty low with Eibachs with the konis. Each perch setting on the Konis is about one finger gap difference.

#8 ·
It sure looks like H&R's ... I have koni and H&R's and it looks pretty much like that. Also, the wheels and tire profile will change the look ... low profile tires will fool the eye, and those look pretty low profile.

G
#9 ·
So does yours not look as low as the second one though... because I don't like the way the second one looks at all. I just wish that I could ask that guy what he did to get that drop because its exactly what I want.

#10 ·
Here is mine ... note that with the 16" wheels, there is a lot more tire, but the overall drop is about the same. My setup is front top perch, rear bottom perch

G
#12 ·
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.... and the only reason that it would seem to me that you would want the rear on the top perch with the front on the lowest perch would be because you have a huge system in the trunk... cause that's 1.5" higher in the rear, and his looks about even.

#13 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.... and the only reason that it would seem to me that you would want the rear on the top perch with the front on the lowest perch would be because you have a huge system in the trunk... cause that's 1.5" higher in the rear, and his looks about even.
Actually, I have the FRONT on the TOP and the REAR on the BOTTOM. The front on the lower perch was way too low (major bottoming). The rear is on the lowest because otherwise it looks like it's doing a nose dive all the time.

G
#14 ·
Bottoming out with Koni's and H&R's.... I've never heard of that. Was that just because you didn't have the Konis set stiff enough????

Are the Konis to stiff if you set them on the stiffest setting. For a good sporty ride what should I set them on?

#15 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Bottoming out with Koni's and H&R's.... I've never heard of that. Was that just because you didn't have the Konis set stiff enough????

Are the Konis to stiff if you set them on the stiffest setting. For a good sporty ride what should I set them on?
I have them set half way (don't remember how many turns). When I had them on the lowest perch, every big bump would cause a massive clunck. And, yes, I did cut the bumpstops in half. I moved them to the upper perch, and the ride, look, and feel is great. At half, they're stiffer than stock, but not bone jarring. I'll probably try them on full hard this summer, just to see what it's like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.