Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. Well I have the stock radio and steering wheel controls in my Acura Legend. I also have a 6 disc cd-changer in the trunk.

Is there any way that I can buy a new in dash cd player and still be able to hook my 6-disc cd changer up to it? Also, is there any way I can hook my steering wheel controls up to it? Or will I lose the ability to use those?

Please post some responses. Thanks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I believe you will have to go with Alpine, as it is an Alpine CD player.
You will lose the wheel controls. :(

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
You'll need to buy an Alpine CD player that accepts a M-Bus changer. Not Ai-net changer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lighting audio makes an interface for an aftermarket deck. It basically acts like a universal remote, and you can still utilize your buttons on your steering wheel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The only CD player on the "current" Alpine line up that will work is the CDM-7874. Notice the "m" in the model number, that means it is a M-bus unit.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
And if you have the OEM Acura CD changer, you will have to do the two wire modification on the OEM changer to make it work properly with the Alpine headunit.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I thought the CDA 7894 would work with CD changers?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Chuck-Hu$tle said:
Nope, only the CDM series alpine headunits can work with G2 OEM cd changers or CHM alpine cd changer.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
Chuck-Hu$tle said:
Like Whitelegend said, it will work with CD changers, only NOT our M-Bus CD changer. It is an Ai-Net deck and only works with the Ai-net data bus protocal. You will need an Ai-Net chagner to use with the CDA-7894.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts