Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was a big thing all across america (with bmx racers) when it happened, as it was the grand nationals & the kid that got pushed off lost the #1 title because of it. i had forgotten about it & came across the video today. do you think the kid that seemingly pushed the other one off the track was rightfully dq'd???

·
Find Em Fuck Em Forget Em
946 Posts
Well it's hard to tell intent from the video, but assuming he did it with malice, I think they should've taken the little bastard out.

When I watched the video the first time, it looked more like he was drifting over that way because he was looking for his rival...you know...driving with his head.

After watching it again it seems like an intentional bump, but it didn't look like much. I don't know the rules, but it looks like a penalty was deserved at least.

Probably a case of crazy parents.

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
grumpy you are SO on point with the parent thing. some of these "bmx parents" are serious assholes & train their kids to do things of this nature. & it's the kids that get hurt while the big bad parents get fatter & drink beer on the sidelines & yell at their kids for not riding to their standards. it's taken way too serious by many. in this particular grudge though, it's good to know that the kid that got taken out got like national 2 or 3 in his age group the following year & the one that took him out was like 15-20th or so & lost many races to the kid he took out over the following season

·
i love the rear view
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heck ... ALL the BMW parents are assholes, especially the 7 series ones!!!! but with the BMX parents ... there's a few decent ones out there!!!!!

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
back in the aba days of my childhood. sycamore bmx ( my local track ) would let local riders get away with murder. but DQ a non local for the slightest infraction.

i ride downhill now.. haha

·
NALM '20 Seattle dreaming
2,260 Posts
back in the aba days of my childhood. sycamore bmx ( my local track ) would let local riders get away with murder. but DQ a non local for the slightest infraction.

i ride downhill now.. haha
I've seen it all racing BMX.

13-17 yrs old racing 20" & 24" and turned pro at 17.

I'm pretty sure the rule used to be that you HAD to hold your line to the first jump.

Should have been DQ'd but that doesn't help the "victim" in this case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.