Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I think I am going to sell my sedan, I am in the market for a new legend. I found a six speed coupe for sale, and it has only an aftermarket stereo and piaa fogs. What do you think of this http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?sid=29GEWUP13788826&rubno=4000&pa=8&pr=2

It is around $12000 US. 120 000 km is low for that year, so it kinda makes me wary, but at the same time it could be legit. Is it a good deal.... Could be a once and a life time opportunity. Thanx for any input:)

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Mckenzie91 said:
Now that I think I am going to sell my sedan, I am in the market for a new legend. I found a six speed coupe for sale, and it has only an aftermarket stereo and piaa fogs. What do you think of this http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?sid=29GEWUP13788826&rubno=4000&pa=8&pr=2

It is around $12000 US. 120 000 km is low for that year, so it kinda makes me wary, but at the same time it could be legit. Is it a good deal.... Could be a once and a life time opportunity. Thanx for any input:)
120kM is like 60,000 miles right?

Tell him $11000 and ask him if he's done the 60k service or not.

-J

·
Registered
99 Posts
I paid US$13k for a 93 L 6-speed with 53k miles and a PERFECT body. Also, don't let the stereo increase the price. The seller should either let the stereo go as an incentive to buy the car or remove it. Is it an L or LS? The seller says every option, but, in '93 an L had cloth as standard so leather would have been an option (as it was on my car).

I'd say go for it, as long as the original owner fits the milage (in my case it was a grandpa car so 53k miles in 8 years made sense).

Oh, from the picture, it looks like it has clear corners and maybe clear bumpers.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, around close to that. He said the timing belt service, etc, was done at about 90 000 km.

I noticed in the picture that it also looked like clear corners. He said it was an LS. I asked him if it had heated seats and power seats, and he said yes. I guess he is the second owner. NOt sure of the real story, but he is driving down from edmonton tonight to let me take a look at it. It sucks that I have to look at it in the dark, but at least I will have an idea of what I am looking at buying. How else can I tell if it is an LS? Thanx Guys:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Go for it! i think its a good deal, just make sure everything is running good, dont cars from there have a lot of rust?

·
Registered
99 Posts
How else can I tell if it is an LS? Thanx Guys:) [/B]

the difference between LS and L in 1993 is:

Heated seats
Courtesy light control (switch located to the left of steering wheel)
16" rims instead of 15"
Traction Control (not sure if where the switch is, maybe left of steering wheel)
Real wood dash-board inserts
200 watt Bose system (in place of 80 watt system)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nile Legend said:
Go for it! i think its a good deal, just make sure everything is running good, dont cars from there have a lot of rust?
Alberta cars are not bad for rust. The ideal car is a BC car (on the coast), or a Saskatchewan car. Calgary does not use road salt, but rather a mixture of fine sand and special de-icer. Not sure about Edmonton, which is where the car is from. The place to be concerned with big time is Ontario. They use road salt, and Ontario cars are notorious for rusting down to the frame..... My dad lives in Toronto, and his 92 legend does not have a spec of rust on it. He washes it in the winter very often to prevent that cancer from happening..... Now I wait for buddy to come to my house with the car......I am preying that this legend will work out for me...The last one obviously did not....:)

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as I know, BC and Ontario are the only provinces that requires emissions testing. I am probably wrong in that there is a few more provices, but those are the only ones I know of. If you bring it in to the states, it will most likely be whatever regulations are needed in your state to pass. You wil also have to get used to reading km/h.....feels faster anyways:D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx Wally,
I defenitaly dont want to rush into this... and I am going to get it checked out for sure. I dont want any surprises. See my post on the test drive to read about the car.

Cole:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts