Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my 89 sedan has had an oil leak since i got it, But I noticed a tan substance on the ground under it today. Its been raining for the past two days, could this just be the oil being brought up out of the pavement cuz of the rain? Anyone seen this before? Heres a video:

YouTube - oil?

·
489,000 km's stil going
1,014 Posts
When oil & water (or coolant/water mix with oil) that is what it looks like. As long as you don't have the chocolate milkshake inside your engine... (leaking head gasket) this should just be a pan or valve cover leak and easily repairable.

·
Registered
444 Posts
your car took a leak man. that's awfully close to the radiator for an oil leak. is your leak so bad that it actually puddles and pools down? i agree with TO about the coolant.

park somewhere else that's clean (now that your ground's already wet and see if it happens again. that'll eliminate the question of whether it seeped outta the ground.

·
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
9,302 Posts
Looks like your car took a dump lol. Use a cardboard box to see the oil.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually moved the car back a lil so i could see the spots better, so maybe its just the oil pan? Ive been driving it today and it seemed fine. Thanks for the responses though

·
Registered
646 Posts
Pull your dipstick, and if the oil looks like that, your head gaskets are blown for sure. Or if you find some of that in the coolant reservoir or in the radiator itself.

·
489,000 km's stil going
1,014 Posts
Pull your dipstick, and if the oil looks like that, your head gaskets are blown for sure. Or if you find some of that in the coolant reservoir or in the radiator itself.
You know i just realized your photo is a legend, I actually thought it was an older Mustang 2 generations previous to todays. (sorry)

You made it into a T-Top as well? That's amazing!

When is that going to get painted and more photo's going to arrive here?

Sorry to hijack the thread for a second.

·
because i can.
10,163 Posts
Actually i think he kept the B pillar and added a bar all the way across for structural reasons....either way its hot :D

·
Registered
646 Posts
"SPOT ON" Sam. I am, however, now in the middle of fabricating an aluminum hardtop. It'll come off in 2-pieces, with one piece being a targa section which can store in the trunk, and take the rest off on the really nice days. Damn this springtime weather. It's rained here all week, and I want to take her for one last drive b4 I tear her down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts