Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,292 Posts
As I mentioned in previous posts, the main relay on our G1 Legends is interchangeable with the main relay on most Hondas of the same vintage (Civic, CRX, etc). The relay is a Mistsuba RZ-0063 (as shown if you click on the picture at the site mentioned by Ikeray). I discovered this purely by accident while helping a friend strip a 1988 Civic 2 door for parts. So, if you can find one at a wrecker's you can likely get it for less than a new one. Other option is to pop it open and re-solder (re-flow the solder) on the circuit board.

· Registered
1,292 Posts
Its up under the dash (..waaayyy up) on the driver side. You'll have to lay on your back, with your head resting up against brake pedal ...shine a flashlight straight up, and you'll see the black box. Looks like this: http://replacement.autopartswarehou...47&part=Relay&category=P&dp=false&showdc=true

...you can actually get the innards out of the relay without removing the mounting bolt in the bracket: while pulling gently on the wiring, work a flat-blade screwdriver up between the relay and the case on each long side ...then you can pull the relay innards down. Replacement? simply reverse the process.

· Registered
5 Posts
I had an electrician resolder two joints in my relay and after that it works like a charm. It has not bothered me ever since. The guy who fixed it didnt even want anything for the job because it just took him like 2 minutes to do.

· Registered
173 Posts
Yeah I re-soldered mine this past summer, was having intermittant no-starts, and shes worked ever since....a very very simple DIY. Takes more time to get it out and replace it. The solder job itself takes 5 min

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.