Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just thought I'd share the good news that my wife and I are now officially proud parents of a new baby girl! After an exhaustive and lengthy 18 hours of labor, ending up having a cessarian section. The baby came out healthy weighing in at 8lbs 12oz. Her name is Jasmine Victoria. I just wanted to share the good news!

One,
SaGe69

Attachments

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Awwww, she's really cute! Congrats man! And tell your wife good job, almost 9 lbs, geez that's about twice as big as my son was, lol!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Very nice and she's cute. My 1st daughter came the same way...like 27 hours of trying natural, then a c-section. Congrats. Being a parent is great. Enjoy...and sleep whenever you get the chance!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Man they usually don't look that cute when they're fresh.
that's an added "benefit" (if you can call anything related to be cut open a benefit) of a cessarian...the baby comes out less squished looking.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!!! I'm sure being a parent is not an easy task but at the same time, it'll teach me a lot about myself that I probably don't know! People keep telling me that being a parent teaches you patience! We'll see how right they are! In any event, feel free to shed some light on dos and don'ts as for are new parents are concerned... If I can avoid making mistakes, the better I'll be for it!

Thanks again!

·
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *
2,481 Posts
one thing my parents did was drop me that why im so messed up. haha ummwhen i had the gay little baby think it over, one thing i would say is be ready to get up every hour or so with the wife and make sure the wife is well taken care of. but for the baby, be ready to have some tired arms at the end of the night! :D again congrats man!

·
Banned
3,796 Posts
Huggies are better for girls, they leak less (pampers for boys). Get a diaper genie. Be VERY nice to your wife. DO NOT FORGET MOTHERS DAY, this sunday will be the most important mothers day in her life. If the baby won't quit crying no matter what, try Mylicon. It's for gas and always seemed like the answer! Get up in the middle of the night, even if she insists doing it herself. If you are both up, she can't despise you for being asleep! :thumbsup: (and don't forget mothers day, this sunday!!! did i already say that? :giggle: )

·
Toronto Legends
214 Posts
Many congratulations!!
my 5 month old was colic (gas) first 2 months, so do all the walking around trying to make the baby burp, sometimes they might have to burp twice, they will not get comfortable unless they do.

and i agree with ymisoqt, do everything together, it take a lot of getting use to but its for the better in the long run.

spend less time on a-l.com and the car (TV, computer, friends, etc etc)

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
Huggies are better for girls, they leak less (pampers for boys). Get a diaper genie. Be VERY nice to your wife. DO NOT FORGET MOTHERS DAY, this sunday will be the most important mothers day in her life. If the baby won't quit crying no matter what, try Mylicon. It's for gas and always seemed like the answer! Get up in the middle of the night, even if she insists doing it herself. If you are both up, she can't despise you for being asleep! :thumbsup: (and don't forget mothers day, this sunday!!! did i already say that? :giggle: )
I have to disagree...we tried every brand of diapers, huggies, pamperes, luv's (which SUCK), and some off brands. the BEST diapers for infants are the pampers swaddlers, everything else allowed the poo to squeeze out and always a mess. Then, after they are done breast feeding, and on more solid food, pampers' baby dry and huggies work better. this is all for a girl.

and luvs just absolutely suck.

also, what you should do is become good at sleep walking. You will take care of the baby at night, so the wife will be happy, while still sleeping, so you are happy.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
+1 on the getting up together. One thing my wife and I alway say, is that we had less nighttime "fights" when we had the twins, because we both HAD to get up. There is no making pretend you are still asleep, like when we had my first daughter :thumbsup: Being a team is good.

Hint - keep all your old plastic grocery bags and throw all the poop diapers in them and tie them up and throw it into the outside trash can immediately. No diaper genie helps when you have had that sitting in the house for more than a few hours....oh god the smell!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ymisoqt, thanks for all the wonderful advise!!!! I will definitely make use of all of it!!!!

Cheers,
SaGe69

·
Mr. X (aka #5)
4,591 Posts
This is definitely a skill I'd like to learn, AND FAST!!!! Teach me oh wise one!
I don't know if its a blessing or a curse...it's great when it comes to taking care of the babies in the middle of the night, but some what scary that I can sleep through it like that. The daughter will probably really like this when she gets older, me sleeping through any small noises she makes.

I apparently have perfected the sleep walking though, wife says that I get up in the middle of the night and clean dishes or do laundry, and I have no recollection of it in the morning...

·
Banned
2,990 Posts
I have to disagree...we tried every brand of diapers, huggies, pamperes, luv's (which SUCK), and some off brands. the BEST diapers for infants are the pampers swaddlers, everything else allowed the poo to squeeze out and always a mess. Then, after they are done breast feeding, and on more solid food, pampers' baby dry and huggies work better. this is all for a girl.

and luvs just absolutely suck.

also, what you should do is become good at sleep walking. You will take care of the baby at night, so the wife will be happy, while still sleeping, so you are happy.
Cloth diapers! Do you know how many thousands of years disposable diapers stay here, + the tons and tons every day that get thrown away!:thumbsup:

J/K I wouldn't use en either!:rofl:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.